Apr 17, 2010, 6:10 PM EST
Rajon Rondo has been very sick. He pretty much threw up all Thursday night and Friday morning, which kept him out of practice Friday morning. He still feels horrible. But after shootaround, the Boston Globe reports Rondo will play in Game 1 versus the Heat Saturday night.
Rondo’s still feeling terrible, as you can tell from this quote, courtesy of the Globe:
“[My energy’s] going to be different from tonight,” Rondo said, still
sounding slightly ill after shootaround this morning. “I still can’t
hardly breath much. But it’ll be alright. I haven’t vomited lately.”
You have to applaud Rondo for stepping up to play when it matters, but if he can’t go, that takes away a huge advantage for the Celtics in the backcourt. Nate Robinson is going to need a big game today, and whoever they get to guard Wade if Rondo is resting will need smart, immediate help.
Want to start the bets on if Rondo upchucks after chucking up a three on the floor?
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14