Apr 17, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo has been very sick. He pretty much threw up all Thursday night and Friday morning, which kept him out of practice Friday morning. He still feels horrible. But after shootaround, the Boston Globe reports Rondo will play in Game 1 versus the Heat Saturday night.
Rondo’s still feeling terrible, as you can tell from this quote, courtesy of the Globe:
“[My energy's] going to be different from tonight,” Rondo said, still
sounding slightly ill after shootaround this morning. “I still can’t
hardly breath much. But it’ll be alright. I haven’t vomited lately.”
You have to applaud Rondo for stepping up to play when it matters, but if he can’t go, that takes away a huge advantage for the Celtics in the backcourt. Nate Robinson is going to need a big game today, and whoever they get to guard Wade if Rondo is resting will need smart, immediate help.
Want to start the bets on if Rondo upchucks after chucking up a three on the floor?
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 24
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 29
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay