Apr 17, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
Carlos Boozer strained his oblique late in the season, and sat out the last two games of the season. He was listed as a game time decision late this week and questionable as of this morning. But after shootaround, Ross Siler of the Salt Lake City Tribune is reporting that Boozer has decided to play in Game One tonight.
Boozer going is vital with the Jazz already without Andrei Kirilenko. The Jazz need to be able to combat the Nuggets big, who would have a huge rebounding advantage with Boozer out. The question lies with the way the Nuggets push the tempo. Boozer’s going to have to get up and down the floor, and that could cause wear and tear.
Boozer’s down low ability shouldn’t be hampered by the injury, but the tempo could cause further injury. Jerry Sloan will have to watch his minutes. If Millsap can step up and make some of the offense up, it’ll let the Jazz rely on their perimeter play, which is strong.
We’ll keep you posted on Boozer’s status.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (90)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris