Apr 16, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
Well, it’s not like it ruined their season.
Still, not very professional of key Nets players like Devin Harris and Courtney Lee to be seen out shooting tequila the night before the team’s final game of the season, a double-overtime loss to the Miami Heat. A game that didn’t impact the Nets — they had sealed their fate a long, long time ago — but did impact the Heat’s playoff seedings From the New York Post (via Ben Maller).
Most athletes rest the night before a big game. But not the New Jersey Nets, who spent the eve of their season finale against the Miami Heat partying in the Florida Room at the Delano. Devin Harris, Terrence Williams, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie and Bobby Simmons were downing tequila shots with a bevy of hot blondes into the early hours yesterday. One fan of the 12-69 team told them,
That is three fifths of the Nets starting lineup. And the combination of Williams (0-4), Harris (4-12) and Lee (5-16) shot 28.1 percent in the game.
Sadly, despite that we don’t know if the problem was the tequila or if it was just another night of bad basketball for the Nets.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 9
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 33
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17