Apr 16, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
Well, it’s not like it ruined their season.
Still, not very professional of key Nets players like Devin Harris and Courtney Lee to be seen out shooting tequila the night before the team’s final game of the season, a double-overtime loss to the Miami Heat. A game that didn’t impact the Nets — they had sealed their fate a long, long time ago — but did impact the Heat’s playoff seedings From the New York Post (via Ben Maller).
Most athletes rest the night before a big game. But not the New Jersey Nets, who spent the eve of their season finale against the Miami Heat partying in the Florida Room at the Delano. Devin Harris, Terrence Williams, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie and Bobby Simmons were downing tequila shots with a bevy of hot blondes into the early hours yesterday. One fan of the 12-69 team told them,
That is three fifths of the Nets starting lineup. And the combination of Williams (0-4), Harris (4-12) and Lee (5-16) shot 28.1 percent in the game.
Sadly, despite that we don’t know if the problem was the tequila or if it was just another night of bad basketball for the Nets.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15