Apr 16, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
There needed to be a special section in the recent Health Care bill signed by the president just to cover centers for the Portland Trail Blazers. They alone can drive up health care costs nationally.
The latest incident is Marcus Camby rolling his ankle in practice just two days before the Trail Blazers open the playoffs against the Phoenix Suns. The Columbian has the details.
Camby jumped up, then came down against Blazers forward Jeff Pendergraph.
Camby’s ankle was heavily wrapped following practice, but he said he will be ready to go for Game 1 Sunday against the Suns in Phoenix.
“I rolled it a couple times since I’ve been here,” Camby said. “But I should be fine. I’m not worried about it.”
The Blazers are already undermanned and need Camby to patrol the paint if they are to have any chance against the high-flying Suns. Even a lost step due to the injury could mean being a step late on pick-and-roll defense, and Steve Nash has made a career of making guys pay for being a step late. This is something to monitor.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48