Apr 16, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
There needed to be a special section in the recent Health Care bill signed by the president just to cover centers for the Portland Trail Blazers. They alone can drive up health care costs nationally.
The latest incident is Marcus Camby rolling his ankle in practice just two days before the Trail Blazers open the playoffs against the Phoenix Suns. The Columbian has the details.
Camby jumped up, then came down against Blazers forward Jeff Pendergraph.
Camby’s ankle was heavily wrapped following practice, but he said he will be ready to go for Game 1 Sunday against the Suns in Phoenix.
“I rolled it a couple times since I’ve been here,” Camby said. “But I should be fine. I’m not worried about it.”
The Blazers are already undermanned and need Camby to patrol the paint if they are to have any chance against the high-flying Suns. Even a lost step due to the injury could mean being a step late on pick-and-roll defense, and Steve Nash has made a career of making guys pay for being a step late. This is something to monitor.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12