Apr 16, 2010, 5:10 PM EST
There needed to be a special section in the recent Health Care bill signed by the president just to cover centers for the Portland Trail Blazers. They alone can drive up health care costs nationally.
The latest incident is Marcus Camby rolling his ankle in practice just two days before the Trail Blazers open the playoffs against the Phoenix Suns. The Columbian has the details.
Camby jumped up, then came down against Blazers forward Jeff Pendergraph.
Camby’s ankle was heavily wrapped following practice, but he said he will be ready to go for Game 1 Sunday against the Suns in Phoenix.
“I rolled it a couple times since I’ve been here,” Camby said. “But I should be fine. I’m not worried about it.”
The Blazers are already undermanned and need Camby to patrol the paint if they are to have any chance against the high-flying Suns. Even a lost step due to the injury could mean being a step late on pick-and-roll defense, and Steve Nash has made a career of making guys pay for being a step late. This is something to monitor.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7