Apr 16, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
There needed to be a special section in the recent Health Care bill signed by the president just to cover centers for the Portland Trail Blazers. They alone can drive up health care costs nationally.
The latest incident is Marcus Camby rolling his ankle in practice just two days before the Trail Blazers open the playoffs against the Phoenix Suns. The Columbian has the details.
Camby jumped up, then came down against Blazers forward Jeff Pendergraph.
Camby’s ankle was heavily wrapped following practice, but he said he will be ready to go for Game 1 Sunday against the Suns in Phoenix.
“I rolled it a couple times since I’ve been here,” Camby said. “But I should be fine. I’m not worried about it.”
The Blazers are already undermanned and need Camby to patrol the paint if they are to have any chance against the high-flying Suns. Even a lost step due to the injury could mean being a step late on pick-and-roll defense, and Steve Nash has made a career of making guys pay for being a step late. This is something to monitor.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16