Apr 16, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
There needed to be a special section in the recent Health Care bill signed by the president just to cover centers for the Portland Trail Blazers. They alone can drive up health care costs nationally.
The latest incident is Marcus Camby rolling his ankle in practice just two days before the Trail Blazers open the playoffs against the Phoenix Suns. The Columbian has the details.
Camby jumped up, then came down against Blazers forward Jeff Pendergraph.
Camby’s ankle was heavily wrapped following practice, but he said he will be ready to go for Game 1 Sunday against the Suns in Phoenix.
“I rolled it a couple times since I’ve been here,” Camby said. “But I should be fine. I’m not worried about it.”
The Blazers are already undermanned and need Camby to patrol the paint if they are to have any chance against the high-flying Suns. Even a lost step due to the injury could mean being a step late on pick-and-roll defense, and Steve Nash has made a career of making guys pay for being a step late. This is something to monitor.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49