Apr 16, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
Parity, pretty cool when you flip on League Pass and know that just about any team can beat just about any other team in the NBA that night.
Pain in the, um, rear when figuring out lottery odds. A host of NBA teams ended the season tied, so a bunch of coins had to be flipped to determine an order of finish. That order impacts lottery odds or draft position after the lottery, depending on how bad a team was last season.
From the NBA, here is who called tails and won (because it never fails, never):
* Golden State (26-56) won a tiebreaker with Washington, so the Warriors get the four-spot odds, the Wizards fifth.
* Philadelphia (27-55) won a tiebreaker with Detroit and will get the six spot odds, and the Pistons are seven.
* The Los Angeles Clippers (29-53) won a tiebreaker with New York so the Clippers will be in the eight slot, and the Knicks still will not draft because Isiah Thomas traded this pick away to the Jazz. Franchise killer, that man.
* Memphis (40-42) won a tiebreaker with Toronto, which means the Grizzlies are in the 12 spot and Miami in the 13 spot because Toronto traded its pick. Not like they need it.
* A three-way tiebreak at 50-32 now goes like this: Boston drafts at 20, San Antonio at 21 and Oklahoma City at 21. Don’t you have the feeling that the Spurs and Thunder will still make better picks?
* Utah (53-29) would draft 23, if they had not traded their pick to Minnesota (not that it matters since the Jazz have that aforementioned Knicks pick), Atlanta will draft 24, then Denver would have been at 25 but they traded their pick to Memphis.
Okay, time to start lighting candles at your lottery alter. I’m looking at you Timberwolves fans, you know you’ve go one.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 9
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 37
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10