Apr 16, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
Parity, pretty cool when you flip on League Pass and know that just about any team can beat just about any other team in the NBA that night.
Pain in the, um, rear when figuring out lottery odds. A host of NBA teams ended the season tied, so a bunch of coins had to be flipped to determine an order of finish. That order impacts lottery odds or draft position after the lottery, depending on how bad a team was last season.
From the NBA, here is who called tails and won (because it never fails, never):
* Golden State (26-56) won a tiebreaker with Washington, so the Warriors get the four-spot odds, the Wizards fifth.
* Philadelphia (27-55) won a tiebreaker with Detroit and will get the six spot odds, and the Pistons are seven.
* The Los Angeles Clippers (29-53) won a tiebreaker with New York so the Clippers will be in the eight slot, and the Knicks still will not draft because Isiah Thomas traded this pick away to the Jazz. Franchise killer, that man.
* Memphis (40-42) won a tiebreaker with Toronto, which means the Grizzlies are in the 12 spot and Miami in the 13 spot because Toronto traded its pick. Not like they need it.
* A three-way tiebreak at 50-32 now goes like this: Boston drafts at 20, San Antonio at 21 and Oklahoma City at 21. Don’t you have the feeling that the Spurs and Thunder will still make better picks?
* Utah (53-29) would draft 23, if they had not traded their pick to Minnesota (not that it matters since the Jazz have that aforementioned Knicks pick), Atlanta will draft 24, then Denver would have been at 25 but they traded their pick to Memphis.
Okay, time to start lighting candles at your lottery alter. I’m looking at you Timberwolves fans, you know you’ve go one.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18