Apr 16, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
Pretty soon the Jazz may just hold an open casting call for power forwards.
We talked about the already injury-filled battle at the four between Carlos Boozer and Kenyon Martin, but the Jazz had a secret weapon — an AK-47. Andre Kirilenko.
Well, we thought they had one.
David Locke of KFAN in Salt Lake City has tweeted that Kirilenko will be out at least a couple weeks with a strained calf, which means the entire first round.
A Kirilenko is out at least two weeks. Strained calf for third time in workout yesterday. New spot same calf
Bad, bad news for the Jazz. This is a tight series and without the AK-47 wildcard, Denver is suddenly looking like they have the leg up. So to speak.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 0
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 15
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 77
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19