Apr 16, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
Pretty soon the Jazz may just hold an open casting call for power forwards.
We talked about the already injury-filled battle at the four between Carlos Boozer and Kenyon Martin, but the Jazz had a secret weapon — an AK-47. Andre Kirilenko.
Well, we thought they had one.
David Locke of KFAN in Salt Lake City has tweeted that Kirilenko will be out at least a couple weeks with a strained calf, which means the entire first round.
A Kirilenko is out at least two weeks. Strained calf for third time in workout yesterday. New spot same calf
Bad, bad news for the Jazz. This is a tight series and without the AK-47 wildcard, Denver is suddenly looking like they have the leg up. So to speak.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7