Apr 16, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
Pretty soon the Jazz may just hold an open casting call for power forwards.
We talked about the already injury-filled battle at the four between Carlos Boozer and Kenyon Martin, but the Jazz had a secret weapon — an AK-47. Andre Kirilenko.
Well, we thought they had one.
David Locke of KFAN in Salt Lake City has tweeted that Kirilenko will be out at least a couple weeks with a strained calf, which means the entire first round.
A Kirilenko is out at least two weeks. Strained calf for third time in workout yesterday. New spot same calf
Bad, bad news for the Jazz. This is a tight series and without the AK-47 wildcard, Denver is suddenly looking like they have the leg up. So to speak.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3