Apr 16, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
Pretty soon the Jazz may just hold an open casting call for power forwards.
We talked about the already injury-filled battle at the four between Carlos Boozer and Kenyon Martin, but the Jazz had a secret weapon — an AK-47. Andre Kirilenko.
Well, we thought they had one.
David Locke of KFAN in Salt Lake City has tweeted that Kirilenko will be out at least a couple weeks with a strained calf, which means the entire first round.
A Kirilenko is out at least two weeks. Strained calf for third time in workout yesterday. New spot same calf
Bad, bad news for the Jazz. This is a tight series and without the AK-47 wildcard, Denver is suddenly looking like they have the leg up. So to speak.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 23
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 28
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay