Apr 16, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
Pretty soon the Jazz may just hold an open casting call for power forwards.
We talked about the already injury-filled battle at the four between Carlos Boozer and Kenyon Martin, but the Jazz had a secret weapon — an AK-47. Andre Kirilenko.
Well, we thought they had one.
David Locke of KFAN in Salt Lake City has tweeted that Kirilenko will be out at least a couple weeks with a strained calf, which means the entire first round.
A Kirilenko is out at least two weeks. Strained calf for third time in workout yesterday. New spot same calf
Bad, bad news for the Jazz. This is a tight series and without the AK-47 wildcard, Denver is suddenly looking like they have the leg up. So to speak.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 53
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65