Apr 15, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
Spurs fans aren’t very fond of Richard Jefferson. It’s not outright dislike in the Raptors fans and Hedo Turkoglu sense. It’s more disappointment that turns into seething frustration when they realize they are stuck with him for at least another season (unless he bails them out by opting out).
Spurs General Manager R.C. Buford, who signed Jefferson, was not glowing but more understanding than the average Spurs fan when discussing on KTKA in San Antonio how Jefferson has fit in.
“I think it’s hard to answer that question because there are so many things that have been difficult to get a consistent read on. The health of Manu, the health of Tony (Parker), the consistency of our entire team’s play has been difficult for anybody to come in and get a real comfort level. Having said that, I think Richard has played more good games lately than poor games. I think that the health of everybody else and the play of everybody else is going to help in that respect.”
For the Spurs, things are really judged on playoff success. There are banners hanging over the court to remind everyone of that. Jefferson has been a disappointment during the regular season, but he can salvage a lot of that with a big playoff performance. Particularly knocking off the Mavericks in the first round.
But most likely, that series will just lead to more disappointment and frustration.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11