Apr 15, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Spurs fans aren’t very fond of Richard Jefferson. It’s not outright dislike in the Raptors fans and Hedo Turkoglu sense. It’s more disappointment that turns into seething frustration when they realize they are stuck with him for at least another season (unless he bails them out by opting out).
Spurs General Manager R.C. Buford, who signed Jefferson, was not glowing but more understanding than the average Spurs fan when discussing on KTKA in San Antonio how Jefferson has fit in.
“I think it’s hard to answer that question because there are so many things that have been difficult to get a consistent read on. The health of Manu, the health of Tony (Parker), the consistency of our entire team’s play has been difficult for anybody to come in and get a real comfort level. Having said that, I think Richard has played more good games lately than poor games. I think that the health of everybody else and the play of everybody else is going to help in that respect.”
For the Spurs, things are really judged on playoff success. There are banners hanging over the court to remind everyone of that. Jefferson has been a disappointment during the regular season, but he can salvage a lot of that with a big playoff performance. Particularly knocking off the Mavericks in the first round.
But most likely, that series will just lead to more disappointment and frustration.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4