Apr 15, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
Spurs fans aren’t very fond of Richard Jefferson. It’s not outright dislike in the Raptors fans and Hedo Turkoglu sense. It’s more disappointment that turns into seething frustration when they realize they are stuck with him for at least another season (unless he bails them out by opting out).
Spurs General Manager R.C. Buford, who signed Jefferson, was not glowing but more understanding than the average Spurs fan when discussing on KTKA in San Antonio how Jefferson has fit in.
“I think it’s hard to answer that question because there are so many things that have been difficult to get a consistent read on. The health of Manu, the health of Tony (Parker), the consistency of our entire team’s play has been difficult for anybody to come in and get a real comfort level. Having said that, I think Richard has played more good games lately than poor games. I think that the health of everybody else and the play of everybody else is going to help in that respect.”
For the Spurs, things are really judged on playoff success. There are banners hanging over the court to remind everyone of that. Jefferson has been a disappointment during the regular season, but he can salvage a lot of that with a big playoff performance. Particularly knocking off the Mavericks in the first round.
But most likely, that series will just lead to more disappointment and frustration.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 2
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44