Apr 15, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
Good thing Phil Jackson makes more than any other coach in the league the way he is racking up find from the league lately.
Today the league dropped another $35,000 fine on Jackson — his second in the last few weeks — for comments he made Tuesday.
Jackson’s comments were about Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant, “A lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often.” The comments were made to try to soften up the referees before the Lakers open up a playoff series against Durant and the Thunder on Sunday.
Durant called the comments “disrespectful.” Even though they weren’t aimed at him. Good thing is this can all be decided on the court in the irst round.
- It’s official: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 0
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 43
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 28
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 29
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0