Apr 15, 2010, 6:47 PM EST
Good thing Phil Jackson makes more than any other coach in the league the way he is racking up find from the league lately.
Today the league dropped another $35,000 fine on Jackson — his second in the last few weeks — for comments he made Tuesday.
Jackson’s comments were about Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant, “A lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often.” The comments were made to try to soften up the referees before the Lakers open up a playoff series against Durant and the Thunder on Sunday.
Durant called the comments “disrespectful.” Even though they weren’t aimed at him. Good thing is this can all be decided on the court in the irst round.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 11
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30