Apr 15, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
Good thing Phil Jackson makes more than any other coach in the league the way he is racking up find from the league lately.
Today the league dropped another $35,000 fine on Jackson — his second in the last few weeks — for comments he made Tuesday.
Jackson’s comments were about Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant, “A lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often.” The comments were made to try to soften up the referees before the Lakers open up a playoff series against Durant and the Thunder on Sunday.
Durant called the comments “disrespectful.” Even though they weren’t aimed at him. Good thing is this can all be decided on the court in the irst round.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11