Apr 15, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
Good thing Phil Jackson makes more than any other coach in the league the way he is racking up find from the league lately.
Today the league dropped another $35,000 fine on Jackson — his second in the last few weeks — for comments he made Tuesday.
Jackson’s comments were about Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant, “A lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often.” The comments were made to try to soften up the referees before the Lakers open up a playoff series against Durant and the Thunder on Sunday.
Durant called the comments “disrespectful.” Even though they weren’t aimed at him. Good thing is this can all be decided on the court in the irst round.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33