Apr 15, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
Good thing Phil Jackson makes more than any other coach in the league the way he is racking up find from the league lately.
Today the league dropped another $35,000 fine on Jackson — his second in the last few weeks — for comments he made Tuesday.
Jackson’s comments were about Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant, “A lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often.” The comments were made to try to soften up the referees before the Lakers open up a playoff series against Durant and the Thunder on Sunday.
Durant called the comments “disrespectful.” Even though they weren’t aimed at him. Good thing is this can all be decided on the court in the irst round.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18