Apr 15, 2010, 2:43 PM EST
Whatever caused the delay — maybe money, maybe just waiting for the season to end — that hurdle is gone.
Lionel Hollins signed a three-year extension to coach the Memphis Grizzlies today after sitting down with owner Michael Heisley last night. Financial terms of the deal have not been released.
The Grizzlies finished 40-42 on the season and would have been over .500 and in the playoff hunt if not for a late-season collapse. Even with that, they finished much better than expected and showed a foundation of young players — Marc Gasol, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay — that the franchise can build on. And Hollins got a lot out of those players.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 15
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 14
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5