Apr 15, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
Whatever caused the delay — maybe money, maybe just waiting for the season to end — that hurdle is gone.
Lionel Hollins signed a three-year extension to coach the Memphis Grizzlies today after sitting down with owner Michael Heisley last night. Financial terms of the deal have not been released.
The Grizzlies finished 40-42 on the season and would have been over .500 and in the playoff hunt if not for a late-season collapse. Even with that, they finished much better than expected and showed a foundation of young players — Marc Gasol, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay — that the franchise can build on. And Hollins got a lot out of those players.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49