Apr 15, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
Whatever caused the delay — maybe money, maybe just waiting for the season to end — that hurdle is gone.
Lionel Hollins signed a three-year extension to coach the Memphis Grizzlies today after sitting down with owner Michael Heisley last night. Financial terms of the deal have not been released.
The Grizzlies finished 40-42 on the season and would have been over .500 and in the playoff hunt if not for a late-season collapse. Even with that, they finished much better than expected and showed a foundation of young players — Marc Gasol, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay — that the franchise can build on. And Hollins got a lot out of those players.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5