Apr 15, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
Whatever caused the delay — maybe money, maybe just waiting for the season to end — that hurdle is gone.
Lionel Hollins signed a three-year extension to coach the Memphis Grizzlies today after sitting down with owner Michael Heisley last night. Financial terms of the deal have not been released.
The Grizzlies finished 40-42 on the season and would have been over .500 and in the playoff hunt if not for a late-season collapse. Even with that, they finished much better than expected and showed a foundation of young players — Marc Gasol, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay — that the franchise can build on. And Hollins got a lot out of those players.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 38
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3