Apr 15, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
Whatever caused the delay — maybe money, maybe just waiting for the season to end — that hurdle is gone.
Lionel Hollins signed a three-year extension to coach the Memphis Grizzlies today after sitting down with owner Michael Heisley last night. Financial terms of the deal have not been released.
The Grizzlies finished 40-42 on the season and would have been over .500 and in the playoff hunt if not for a late-season collapse. Even with that, they finished much better than expected and showed a foundation of young players — Marc Gasol, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay — that the franchise can build on. And Hollins got a lot out of those players.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4