Apr 14, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
Larry Brown tried to outguess the basketball gods. He guessed wrong.
Brown had debated whether to play his starters tonight, having locked up the seventh seed in the playoffs with no chance of moving higher. But there’s always the possibility of disrupting rhythm, which supports playing the important guys. Of course, the last thing you want is an injury which could submarine your season.
Tyson Chandler fell awkwardly in the second quarter of the Bobcats’ last game of the season against the Bulls. He landed on his elbow and hip, and subsequently left for the locker room. X-rays were negative, which is the good news.
The bad news is that Chandler has been injury prone for two seasons and has struggled to stay on the floor this year. Chandler only played in 51 games counting tonight this season. Well, at least the ‘Cats aren’t facing the reigning defensive player of the year in the form of a seven foot manfreak who is the most dominant big man in the game currently.
Bobcats-Magic starts this weekend. We’ll keep you updated on Chandler’s condition.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11