Apr 14, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
Larry Brown tried to outguess the basketball gods. He guessed wrong.
Brown had debated whether to play his starters tonight, having locked up the seventh seed in the playoffs with no chance of moving higher. But there’s always the possibility of disrupting rhythm, which supports playing the important guys. Of course, the last thing you want is an injury which could submarine your season.
Tyson Chandler fell awkwardly in the second quarter of the Bobcats’ last game of the season against the Bulls. He landed on his elbow and hip, and subsequently left for the locker room. X-rays were negative, which is the good news.
The bad news is that Chandler has been injury prone for two seasons and has struggled to stay on the floor this year. Chandler only played in 51 games counting tonight this season. Well, at least the ‘Cats aren’t facing the reigning defensive player of the year in the form of a seven foot manfreak who is the most dominant big man in the game currently.
Bobcats-Magic starts this weekend. We’ll keep you updated on Chandler’s condition.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 10
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 10
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 24
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 16
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement