Apr 14, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
Larry Brown tried to outguess the basketball gods. He guessed wrong.
Brown had debated whether to play his starters tonight, having locked up the seventh seed in the playoffs with no chance of moving higher. But there’s always the possibility of disrupting rhythm, which supports playing the important guys. Of course, the last thing you want is an injury which could submarine your season.
Tyson Chandler fell awkwardly in the second quarter of the Bobcats’ last game of the season against the Bulls. He landed on his elbow and hip, and subsequently left for the locker room. X-rays were negative, which is the good news.
The bad news is that Chandler has been injury prone for two seasons and has struggled to stay on the floor this year. Chandler only played in 51 games counting tonight this season. Well, at least the ‘Cats aren’t facing the reigning defensive player of the year in the form of a seven foot manfreak who is the most dominant big man in the game currently.
Bobcats-Magic starts this weekend. We’ll keep you updated on Chandler’s condition.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6