Apr 14, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Word is out from the Knicks: Tracy McGrady will not suit up tonight for the Knicks in their season finale tonight against the Raptors. That’s good news for the Bulls’ playoff hopes — since McGrady joined the Knicks, New York is 4-0 in the games he has sat out.
It also means that McGrady’s time as a Knick is over. Management there has quietly said they are not inviting him back next season.
McGrady flashed moments of his legendary skills, albeit slightly diminished, but also showed he has a ways to go to fully recover from his last surgery. McGrady has said he still thinks he can be a starter, a contributor on a quality team. He is likely to find the reality this summer quite different. Just another interesting summer subplot.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7