Apr 14, 2010, 11:29 PM EDT
Kevin Durant plugged in 31 points tonight, wrapping up the NBA scoring title, averaging 30.1 points a game.
He’s 21 years old.
Durant is the youngest player to lead the league in scoring. He’s the youngest player to average 30 points in a season.
Dang, ya’ll. Like, for real. That’s some serious stuff, man. Heavy.
Okay, enough of that. Durant is an offensive revelation, and his improved defense and rebounding, as well as leadership have helped the Thunder to make the playoffs a year ahead of schedule, But this isn’t about wins or leadership or fundamentals. This is about buckets. Durant could very well have the absolute best range in the NBA now that Kobe Bryant’s finding age happens to everyone.
His release point isn’t abnormally high, but with his length, it’s still at a point most guys need a step ladder to reach. His release is quick enough to be able to get off nearly any shot. And now that he’s starting to get the calls worthy of a player of his ability, his numbers will only improve in efficiency, if not volume.
So now we turn our attention to the Thunder in the playoffs, and see if Durantula can make a statement against the reigning master of clutch in the NBA, Kobe Bryant.
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 2
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 28
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch NHL Live postgame show
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld