Apr 14, 2010, 8:26 AM EST
The Utah Jazz are not going to go very far in the playoffs without Carlos Boozer. They will find out today if they will have to try.
Boozer left Tuesday night’s game in the second quarter, went back to the locker room and did not play another minute in the Jazz’s win.
The injury is described as a strained muscle in his right rib cage. According to Ross Siler of the Salt Lake Tribune, X-rays were negative. Boozer is scheduled for an MRI today. Aside that, we don’t know much about the injury.
His status for a key showdown with the Phoenix Suns Wednesday night is not known. If Boozer does not play, Paul Milsap will get the start. Boozer likely will try to be in the lineup when the playoffs start this weekend, but the MRI likely will determine his status for that.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41