Apr 14, 2010, 8:26 AM EST
The Utah Jazz are not going to go very far in the playoffs without Carlos Boozer. They will find out today if they will have to try.
Boozer left Tuesday night’s game in the second quarter, went back to the locker room and did not play another minute in the Jazz’s win.
The injury is described as a strained muscle in his right rib cage. According to Ross Siler of the Salt Lake Tribune, X-rays were negative. Boozer is scheduled for an MRI today. Aside that, we don’t know much about the injury.
His status for a key showdown with the Phoenix Suns Wednesday night is not known. If Boozer does not play, Paul Milsap will get the start. Boozer likely will try to be in the lineup when the playoffs start this weekend, but the MRI likely will determine his status for that.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20