Apr 14, 2010, 8:26 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz are not going to go very far in the playoffs without Carlos Boozer. They will find out today if they will have to try.
Boozer left Tuesday night’s game in the second quarter, went back to the locker room and did not play another minute in the Jazz’s win.
The injury is described as a strained muscle in his right rib cage. According to Ross Siler of the Salt Lake Tribune, X-rays were negative. Boozer is scheduled for an MRI today. Aside that, we don’t know much about the injury.
His status for a key showdown with the Phoenix Suns Wednesday night is not known. If Boozer does not play, Paul Milsap will get the start. Boozer likely will try to be in the lineup when the playoffs start this weekend, but the MRI likely will determine his status for that.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games