Apr 14, 2010, 8:26 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz are not going to go very far in the playoffs without Carlos Boozer. They will find out today if they will have to try.
Boozer left Tuesday night’s game in the second quarter, went back to the locker room and did not play another minute in the Jazz’s win.
The injury is described as a strained muscle in his right rib cage. According to Ross Siler of the Salt Lake Tribune, X-rays were negative. Boozer is scheduled for an MRI today. Aside that, we don’t know much about the injury.
His status for a key showdown with the Phoenix Suns Wednesday night is not known. If Boozer does not play, Paul Milsap will get the start. Boozer likely will try to be in the lineup when the playoffs start this weekend, but the MRI likely will determine his status for that.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 12
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24