Apr 14, 2010, 8:26 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz are not going to go very far in the playoffs without Carlos Boozer. They will find out today if they will have to try.
Boozer left Tuesday night’s game in the second quarter, went back to the locker room and did not play another minute in the Jazz’s win.
The injury is described as a strained muscle in his right rib cage. According to Ross Siler of the Salt Lake Tribune, X-rays were negative. Boozer is scheduled for an MRI today. Aside that, we don’t know much about the injury.
His status for a key showdown with the Phoenix Suns Wednesday night is not known. If Boozer does not play, Paul Milsap will get the start. Boozer likely will try to be in the lineup when the playoffs start this weekend, but the MRI likely will determine his status for that.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80