Apr 13, 2010, 1:11 PM EST
Pau Gasol is going home to Barcelona and he’s bringing his teammates with him.
We’ll see if he can get Ron Artest to go out to dinner with him for some classic Catalan food, like “mondonguilles amb sìpia” (meatballs with cuttlefish). Because we need video of Ron-Ron’s face when that arrives.
Three NBA announced that teams are heading to Europe during training camp next October for a few games and some David Stern inspired game globalization marketing. The Lakers, Knicks and Timberwolves are going overseas with games to be playing games in Barcelona, London, Milan, and Paris.
The big name is the Lakers, who will face of against Pau Gasol’s old team and traditional European power Regal FC Barcelona, on Oct. 7 at Palau Sant Jordi. Gasol grew up just outside Barcelona.
The other games are the Knicks against Armani Jeans Milano (Mike D’Antoni’s old team from his playing days) on Oct. 3 in the Mediolanum Forum; the Lakers and the Timberwolves at the O2 Arena in London on Oct. 4; and the Knicks and Timberwolves on Oct. 6 in Paris at the Palais Omnisports Paris Bercy.
This is the fifth year in a row the NBA has sent NBA teams to Europe.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 8
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11