Apr 13, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Here’s what is really important: Things continue to progress as well as could be hoped in the treatment of George Karl’s cancer. This is all that matters.
But it is not a fast process — Karl will be out for the first round of the playoffs but could return to the Nuggets bench for the second round, his doctor told FanHouse.
Dr. Jacques Sarri, Karl’s personal physician, said Karl definitely will miss the first round of the playoffs. But Sarri put the chances at “two-thirds” Karl could be back for the second round if the Nuggets advance.
It indicated a very favorable prognosis,” Sarri said in an interview with FanHouse. “There is a 15 percent chance his cancer may come back after two years.”
As the article points out, that’s an 85 percent chance it will not. And that’s some pretty good odds. And Karl is starting to look better, according to his son Coby (now playing for the Nuggets):
“Just seeing his energy and his face and his demeanor, he’s definitely doing better and improving,” said Coby Karl, who is a thyroid cancer survivor.
That’s what is important. Karl being back for the second round would only be gravy.
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 0
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48