Apr 13, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade’s life is just like yours and mine. I’m sure this happened to you a couple weekends ago: You’re just hanging out an exclusive Manhattan club (M2) with your bodyguard protecting you and your posse when the grandson of a famous mob boss wants to talk to you.
When it happened to Wade, however, he showed some balls (and a nifty ability to avoid future controversy) and said no to meeting Carmine Gotti. Of course, this story comes from the New York Post (did you have any doubt?).
Gotti was celebrating his birthday upstairs and was excited to hear Wade was downstairs. He headed down and asked to meet Wade, who responded, ‘There’s no way I’m meeting the Gottis or having my photo taken with them.’ Gotti’s security guard got into a scuffle with Wade’s. Gotti then headed back to his friends looking visibly upset, and Wade, who felt uncomfortable with the situation, decided to leave.
I don’t think Wade should have avoided Gotti because of his late grandfather’s mob ties. He should avoid him because he’s a reality television star.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall (VIDEO) 2
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27