Apr 12, 2010, 12:31 PM EDT
War’s over man. Father time has won. He has put the Celtics on double-secret probation, they have no title hopes. Right, Paul Pierce, you don’t think the Celtics can realistically win the title, do you? (Via the Boston Herald)
“Yeah,” Pierce said. “Without question. Look, there’s no way we can get around the fact that we lost to some bad teams, but we beat some good teams. And at the end of the day, we just have to beat four teams to win it all. We have a chance to do that. It’s going to be 0-0 after Wednesday night. It’s been tough for us. But you can look at everything in different ways. There’s pros and cons, if you want to really look at it. We know we’re not going to have homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs, but at the same time we’ve been one of the best road teams in all of basketball.”
What? Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no. (KG: Germans? Ray Allen: Forget it, he’s rolling.) And it ain’t over now, because when the going gets tough…
The tough get going. Who’s with me? Come on…
What the f— happened the Celtics I used to know? Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts. This could be the greatest playoffs of our lives. But you’re going to let it be the worst. Oh, we’re afraid to go with you Paul. We might get beat by the Heat. Well kiss my a– from now on. Not me. I’m not going to take this. Wade, he’s a dead man. Howard, dead. LeBron…
I think this situation requires a really stupid and futile gesture on somebody’s part. And the Celtics are just the team to do it.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 6
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record