Apr 12, 2010, 2:27 PM EDT
Don Nelson is Mr. Small Ball. Right? He wants to go small and just run you into the ground. Defense is sort of an afterthought. That’s the system he wants to play. Right.
You have got to play the hand that you are dealt. If you just have players that don’t have abilities or desires to play defense, you have got to figure out a way to win wherever you are so that is kind of where we have been. We are not a terrible defensive team. We are just not as good as most. Usually if you are going to anchor your team on defense you have got to have some sort of presence inside, some sort of a shot blocker or a presence of size inside. You know I have been having small, small teams for a long time.”
One could argue that it is the coach’s job to motivate and scheme for his team to play good defense, regardless of what the players want. But I’m not that one. I’m not going to argue with the NBA’s all-time winningest coach.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 2
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 3
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17