Apr 12, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:37 pm: Roy made a much more somber prognosis of his condition tonight before the Blazers/Thunder game. He has a slight meniscus tear in his right knee and may not be able to return for the playoffs. However, he is putting off the inevitable surgery in hopes that his knee heals enough to let him play in the post season. The amazing Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge has the quotes on twitter.
Will you play in playoff? Roy: “I don’t know right
now… I want to play… If I do play I want to play at a level I can
Brandon Roy says, “I will have surgery, it’s just a
matter of when.” Plans to have surgery during offseason.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30