Apr 12, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:37 pm: Roy made a much more somber prognosis of his condition tonight before the Blazers/Thunder game. He has a slight meniscus tear in his right knee and may not be able to return for the playoffs. However, he is putting off the inevitable surgery in hopes that his knee heals enough to let him play in the post season. The amazing Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge has the quotes on twitter.
Will you play in playoff? Roy: “I don’t know right
now… I want to play… If I do play I want to play at a level I can
Brandon Roy says, “I will have surgery, it’s just a
matter of when.” Plans to have surgery during offseason.
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 13
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9