Apr 12, 2010, 9:37 PM EST
UPDATE 9:37 pm: Roy made a much more somber prognosis of his condition tonight before the Blazers/Thunder game. He has a slight meniscus tear in his right knee and may not be able to return for the playoffs. However, he is putting off the inevitable surgery in hopes that his knee heals enough to let him play in the post season. The amazing Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge has the quotes on twitter.
Will you play in playoff? Roy: “I don’t know right
now… I want to play… If I do play I want to play at a level I can
Brandon Roy says, “I will have surgery, it’s just a
matter of when.” Plans to have surgery during offseason.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 4
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 12
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 28
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Report: Kenyon Martin, Metta World Peace had “heated” argument (35)