Apr 12, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:37 pm: Roy made a much more somber prognosis of his condition tonight before the Blazers/Thunder game. He has a slight meniscus tear in his right knee and may not be able to return for the playoffs. However, he is putting off the inevitable surgery in hopes that his knee heals enough to let him play in the post season. The amazing Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge has the quotes on twitter.
Will you play in playoff? Roy: “I don’t know right
now… I want to play… If I do play I want to play at a level I can
Brandon Roy says, “I will have surgery, it’s just a
matter of when.” Plans to have surgery during offseason.
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 1
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 18
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69