Apr 10, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Adrian Wojnarowski from Yahoo! is reporting via Twitter that Eddie Jordan has ‘significant interest’ in the vacant Rutgers University head coaching job and may interview for it at the end of the season. Woj goes on to say that Jordan will have ample time to prepare for an interview as he will be let go at the end of this season.
The Sixers firing Jordan after year one isn’t really a shock. Jordan was brought in to take a good team higher, and instead Ed Stefanski has watched as the Sixers went from a playoff team with a promising young core to an abject mess with a high payroll and dismal attendance. The season has been a basketball, development, and business failure.
Jordan returning to Rutgers where he was an assistant coach early in his career would make sense, as his no-nonsense approach may be better received by kids with no alternative. If Jordan is gone, you have to start looking at potential replacements, but the Sixers will have to wait for the rest of the coaching casualties to shake out before developing a list. If Jeff Van Gundy has any interest in the Nets job, you’d have to think the Sixers would also be under consideration.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (90)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1