Apr 10, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Tonight LeBron James was again wearing an expensive suit on the bench, watching his team lose to the Indiana Pacers. He did the exact same thing the night before in Chicago.
Cleveland has two games left. Is LeBron going to suit up for either of those? There is speculation at several places on the Web that he is done for the season, getting more rest for a body that will have to carry his team for stretches of the playoffs.
Cleveland’s two games are against potential playoff foes, two of the Cavaliers biggest challengers in the East — Orlando on Sunday, then Atlanta on Wednesday. The Cavaliers have home court wrapped up. The question becomes: Do they need to make a statement in these games, or is letting LeBron rest more important?
This speculation on James is not coming out of the regular, key sources for Cleveland. Their beat reporters have made no such mention. But it is out there, and it seems plausible.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 4
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10