Apr 10, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Tonight LeBron James was again wearing an expensive suit on the bench, watching his team lose to the Indiana Pacers. He did the exact same thing the night before in Chicago.
Cleveland has two games left. Is LeBron going to suit up for either of those? There is speculation at several places on the Web that he is done for the season, getting more rest for a body that will have to carry his team for stretches of the playoffs.
Cleveland’s two games are against potential playoff foes, two of the Cavaliers biggest challengers in the East — Orlando on Sunday, then Atlanta on Wednesday. The Cavaliers have home court wrapped up. The question becomes: Do they need to make a statement in these games, or is letting LeBron rest more important?
This speculation on James is not coming out of the regular, key sources for Cleveland. Their beat reporters have made no such mention. But it is out there, and it seems plausible.
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36