Apr 10, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Isaiah Rider had an NBA career that mixed an impressive ability to score with an impressive ability to get in trouble off the court and feud with management.
His playing career has ended nearly a decade ago, but he can still get in trouble with the best of them. From the Associated Press:
Isaiah Rider has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting his fiance and reneging on a $150 cab fare.
Police say the 39-year-old Rider was taken into custody Thursday after an officer spotted him driving erratically in a vehicle with three small children inside.
Neighbors reported seeing Rider argue with his fiancé outside their Mesa home Sunday and have a tug-of-war over her purse. Police say Rider then took a cab ride to Phoenix and ran away instead of paying the driver.
Rider’s long history with the police includes previous charges of domestic violence, batter, fraud (having a cell phone rigged to charge the calls to another number) and multiple arrests for possession of marijuana.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 0
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 40
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10