Apr 10, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Isaiah Rider had an NBA career that mixed an impressive ability to score with an impressive ability to get in trouble off the court and feud with management.
His playing career has ended nearly a decade ago, but he can still get in trouble with the best of them. From the Associated Press:
Isaiah Rider has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting his fiance and reneging on a $150 cab fare.
Police say the 39-year-old Rider was taken into custody Thursday after an officer spotted him driving erratically in a vehicle with three small children inside.
Neighbors reported seeing Rider argue with his fiancé outside their Mesa home Sunday and have a tug-of-war over her purse. Police say Rider then took a cab ride to Phoenix and ran away instead of paying the driver.
Rider’s long history with the police includes previous charges of domestic violence, batter, fraud (having a cell phone rigged to charge the calls to another number) and multiple arrests for possession of marijuana.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31