Apr 10, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Isaiah Rider had an NBA career that mixed an impressive ability to score with an impressive ability to get in trouble off the court and feud with management.
His playing career has ended nearly a decade ago, but he can still get in trouble with the best of them. From the Associated Press:
Isaiah Rider has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting his fiance and reneging on a $150 cab fare.
Police say the 39-year-old Rider was taken into custody Thursday after an officer spotted him driving erratically in a vehicle with three small children inside.
Neighbors reported seeing Rider argue with his fiancé outside their Mesa home Sunday and have a tug-of-war over her purse. Police say Rider then took a cab ride to Phoenix and ran away instead of paying the driver.
Rider’s long history with the police includes previous charges of domestic violence, batter, fraud (having a cell phone rigged to charge the calls to another number) and multiple arrests for possession of marijuana.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 28
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23