Apr 10, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Isaiah Rider had an NBA career that mixed an impressive ability to score with an impressive ability to get in trouble off the court and feud with management.
His playing career has ended nearly a decade ago, but he can still get in trouble with the best of them. From the Associated Press:
Isaiah Rider has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting his fiance and reneging on a $150 cab fare.
Police say the 39-year-old Rider was taken into custody Thursday after an officer spotted him driving erratically in a vehicle with three small children inside.
Neighbors reported seeing Rider argue with his fiancé outside their Mesa home Sunday and have a tug-of-war over her purse. Police say Rider then took a cab ride to Phoenix and ran away instead of paying the driver.
Rider’s long history with the police includes previous charges of domestic violence, batter, fraud (having a cell phone rigged to charge the calls to another number) and multiple arrests for possession of marijuana.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 14
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 14
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 13
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10