Apr 10, 2010, 9:44 AM EST
Isaiah Rider had an NBA career that mixed an impressive ability to score with an impressive ability to get in trouble off the court and feud with management.
His playing career has ended nearly a decade ago, but he can still get in trouble with the best of them. From the Associated Press:
Isaiah Rider has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting his fiance and reneging on a $150 cab fare.
Police say the 39-year-old Rider was taken into custody Thursday after an officer spotted him driving erratically in a vehicle with three small children inside.
Neighbors reported seeing Rider argue with his fiancé outside their Mesa home Sunday and have a tug-of-war over her purse. Police say Rider then took a cab ride to Phoenix and ran away instead of paying the driver.
Rider’s long history with the police includes previous charges of domestic violence, batter, fraud (having a cell phone rigged to charge the calls to another number) and multiple arrests for possession of marijuana.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30