Apr 9, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Phil Jackson hasn’t made his decision yet — mostly because it’s not his decision to make. We all know Kobe Bryant calls the shots with the Lakers.
But Jackson said after Thursday night’s close loss that Kobe likely would sit out the Friday night road matchup against Minnesota as well. The Lakers own reporter (and a damn good one) Mike Trudell with the tweet:
Phil on if Kobe will play Friday in Minnesota: “I really don’t anticipate it but I’ll let him make that decision.”
There is wiggle room there, and predicting Jackson’s actions is a fool’s errand. However, now is the time to get Kobe some res before the games really matter, and road back-to-backs are good things to take off late in the season. Look for Kobe to return Sunday against Portland in Los Angeles.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6