Apr 9, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Phil Jackson hasn’t made his decision yet — mostly because it’s not his decision to make. We all know Kobe Bryant calls the shots with the Lakers.
But Jackson said after Thursday night’s close loss that Kobe likely would sit out the Friday night road matchup against Minnesota as well. The Lakers own reporter (and a damn good one) Mike Trudell with the tweet:
Phil on if Kobe will play Friday in Minnesota: “I really don’t anticipate it but I’ll let him make that decision.”
There is wiggle room there, and predicting Jackson’s actions is a fool’s errand. However, now is the time to get Kobe some res before the games really matter, and road back-to-backs are good things to take off late in the season. Look for Kobe to return Sunday against Portland in Los Angeles.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18