Apr 9, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Phil Jackson hasn’t made his decision yet — mostly because it’s not his decision to make. We all know Kobe Bryant calls the shots with the Lakers.
But Jackson said after Thursday night’s close loss that Kobe likely would sit out the Friday night road matchup against Minnesota as well. The Lakers own reporter (and a damn good one) Mike Trudell with the tweet:
Phil on if Kobe will play Friday in Minnesota: “I really don’t anticipate it but I’ll let him make that decision.”
There is wiggle room there, and predicting Jackson’s actions is a fool’s errand. However, now is the time to get Kobe some res before the games really matter, and road back-to-backs are good things to take off late in the season. Look for Kobe to return Sunday against Portland in Los Angeles.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 2
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 8
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18