Apr 9, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Phil Jackson hasn’t made his decision yet — mostly because it’s not his decision to make. We all know Kobe Bryant calls the shots with the Lakers.
But Jackson said after Thursday night’s close loss that Kobe likely would sit out the Friday night road matchup against Minnesota as well. The Lakers own reporter (and a damn good one) Mike Trudell with the tweet:
Phil on if Kobe will play Friday in Minnesota: “I really don’t anticipate it but I’ll let him make that decision.”
There is wiggle room there, and predicting Jackson’s actions is a fool’s errand. However, now is the time to get Kobe some res before the games really matter, and road back-to-backs are good things to take off late in the season. Look for Kobe to return Sunday against Portland in Los Angeles.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 1
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15