Apr 9, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Phil Jackson hasn’t made his decision yet — mostly because it’s not his decision to make. We all know Kobe Bryant calls the shots with the Lakers.
But Jackson said after Thursday night’s close loss that Kobe likely would sit out the Friday night road matchup against Minnesota as well. The Lakers own reporter (and a damn good one) Mike Trudell with the tweet:
Phil on if Kobe will play Friday in Minnesota: “I really don’t anticipate it but I’ll let him make that decision.”
There is wiggle room there, and predicting Jackson’s actions is a fool’s errand. However, now is the time to get Kobe some res before the games really matter, and road back-to-backs are good things to take off late in the season. Look for Kobe to return Sunday against Portland in Los Angeles.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0