Apr 9, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Jerome James has been on the Bulls roster for the last 14 months, coming over as part of a trade with the Knicks back in February 2009. But he never put pulled the Bulls red jersey over his head — he had ruptured his right Achilles tendon before the trade and has not played a game since.
He did, however, make a lot of money ($44.7 million in his 10-year career) and eat a lot. I mean A LOT. Do not get behind him at the Vegas buffet line a lot. Pretty good life.
Today, the Bulls officially waived him.
That cleared the way for former Domer Rob Kurz to come up from the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (love the D-League team names) for the rest of the season. He averaged 17 and 10 for the Mad Ants as a power forward (6’9″, 230).
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47