Apr 9, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Jerome James has been on the Bulls roster for the last 14 months, coming over as part of a trade with the Knicks back in February 2009. But he never put pulled the Bulls red jersey over his head — he had ruptured his right Achilles tendon before the trade and has not played a game since.
He did, however, make a lot of money ($44.7 million in his 10-year career) and eat a lot. I mean A LOT. Do not get behind him at the Vegas buffet line a lot. Pretty good life.
Today, the Bulls officially waived him.
That cleared the way for former Domer Rob Kurz to come up from the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (love the D-League team names) for the rest of the season. He averaged 17 and 10 for the Mad Ants as a power forward (6’9″, 230).
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29