Apr 9, 2010, 1:46 PM EST
Jerome James has been on the Bulls roster for the last 14 months, coming over as part of a trade with the Knicks back in February 2009. But he never put pulled the Bulls red jersey over his head — he had ruptured his right Achilles tendon before the trade and has not played a game since.
He did, however, make a lot of money ($44.7 million in his 10-year career) and eat a lot. I mean A LOT. Do not get behind him at the Vegas buffet line a lot. Pretty good life.
Today, the Bulls officially waived him.
That cleared the way for former Domer Rob Kurz to come up from the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (love the D-League team names) for the rest of the season. He averaged 17 and 10 for the Mad Ants as a power forward (6’9″, 230).
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 45
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22