Apr 9, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Jerome James has been on the Bulls roster for the last 14 months, coming over as part of a trade with the Knicks back in February 2009. But he never put pulled the Bulls red jersey over his head — he had ruptured his right Achilles tendon before the trade and has not played a game since.
He did, however, make a lot of money ($44.7 million in his 10-year career) and eat a lot. I mean A LOT. Do not get behind him at the Vegas buffet line a lot. Pretty good life.
Today, the Bulls officially waived him.
That cleared the way for former Domer Rob Kurz to come up from the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (love the D-League team names) for the rest of the season. He averaged 17 and 10 for the Mad Ants as a power forward (6’9″, 230).
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 13
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 12
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16