Apr 8, 2010, 12:14 PM EDT
If Willie Warren had left Oklahoma for the NBA last year, he likely would have been a lottery pick. Big money, three year guaranteed deal. But he went back to college for another year and… who knows. The second round is as likely as the lottery. His draft stock has plummeted.
I just want to thank all of soonernation for their support of me the last two years and even though I am taking my game to the next level.
I will always be a sooner and never regret it thank you all so much including coach capel and the sooner coaching staff.
Warren is a two guard and a guy who can score. However, he found it a lot easier to do that when Blake Griffin was on the team and was the focus of defenses. This year Warren had to create a lot more for himself and his shooting percentage dropped 5 percent, and his assists were down as well. Everything was down.
But he had a lot of success as a spot-up guy in the past, and he will get the chance to show he can do that at the NBA level. Somewhere. But don’t ask us when he’s getting drafted.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21