Apr 8, 2010, 12:14 PM EDT
If Willie Warren had left Oklahoma for the NBA last year, he likely would have been a lottery pick. Big money, three year guaranteed deal. But he went back to college for another year and… who knows. The second round is as likely as the lottery. His draft stock has plummeted.
I just want to thank all of soonernation for their support of me the last two years and even though I am taking my game to the next level.
I will always be a sooner and never regret it thank you all so much including coach capel and the sooner coaching staff.
Warren is a two guard and a guy who can score. However, he found it a lot easier to do that when Blake Griffin was on the team and was the focus of defenses. This year Warren had to create a lot more for himself and his shooting percentage dropped 5 percent, and his assists were down as well. Everything was down.
But he had a lot of success as a spot-up guy in the past, and he will get the chance to show he can do that at the NBA level. Somewhere. But don’t ask us when he’s getting drafted.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 4
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10