Apr 8, 2010, 12:14 PM EDT
If Willie Warren had left Oklahoma for the NBA last year, he likely would have been a lottery pick. Big money, three year guaranteed deal. But he went back to college for another year and… who knows. The second round is as likely as the lottery. His draft stock has plummeted.
I just want to thank all of soonernation for their support of me the last two years and even though I am taking my game to the next level.
I will always be a sooner and never regret it thank you all so much including coach capel and the sooner coaching staff.
Warren is a two guard and a guy who can score. However, he found it a lot easier to do that when Blake Griffin was on the team and was the focus of defenses. This year Warren had to create a lot more for himself and his shooting percentage dropped 5 percent, and his assists were down as well. Everything was down.
But he had a lot of success as a spot-up guy in the past, and he will get the chance to show he can do that at the NBA level. Somewhere. But don’t ask us when he’s getting drafted.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22