Apr 8, 2010, 12:14 PM EDT
If Willie Warren had left Oklahoma for the NBA last year, he likely would have been a lottery pick. Big money, three year guaranteed deal. But he went back to college for another year and… who knows. The second round is as likely as the lottery. His draft stock has plummeted.
I just want to thank all of soonernation for their support of me the last two years and even though I am taking my game to the next level.
I will always be a sooner and never regret it thank you all so much including coach capel and the sooner coaching staff.
Warren is a two guard and a guy who can score. However, he found it a lot easier to do that when Blake Griffin was on the team and was the focus of defenses. This year Warren had to create a lot more for himself and his shooting percentage dropped 5 percent, and his assists were down as well. Everything was down.
But he had a lot of success as a spot-up guy in the past, and he will get the chance to show he can do that at the NBA level. Somewhere. But don’t ask us when he’s getting drafted.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17