Apr 8, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Note to team owners: When he retires, you may not want to make Vince Carter your general manager.
Tracy McGrady’s comeback stint in New York has been so impressive that the lowly Knicks don’t want him back, but VC has talked to him about coming to Orlando. That’s what he told the Orlando Sentinel.
Vince Carter told the Sentinel after the Magic’s game on Wednesday night that he’s communicated with his shirttail cousin, Tracy McGrady, and that T-Mac wants another tour of duty with Orlando. “He’s already told me that,” Carter said. Carter said he hopes to hook up with McGrady before the New York Knicks play in Orlando on Friday night.
Let’s see: Championship contender, warm weather city, no state income taxes. I want to play for Orlando too. And my knees may hold up better.
Somebody is going to make McGrady an offer next year, he has shown he can still score a little. But said offer is likely going to be for a lot less than McGrady hopes, and not in the most desirable location.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 0
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 11
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 29
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 11
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 19
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut