Apr 8, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Note to team owners: When he retires, you may not want to make Vince Carter your general manager.
Tracy McGrady’s comeback stint in New York has been so impressive that the lowly Knicks don’t want him back, but VC has talked to him about coming to Orlando. That’s what he told the Orlando Sentinel.
Vince Carter told the Sentinel after the Magic’s game on Wednesday night that he’s communicated with his shirttail cousin, Tracy McGrady, and that T-Mac wants another tour of duty with Orlando. “He’s already told me that,” Carter said. Carter said he hopes to hook up with McGrady before the New York Knicks play in Orlando on Friday night.
Let’s see: Championship contender, warm weather city, no state income taxes. I want to play for Orlando too. And my knees may hold up better.
Somebody is going to make McGrady an offer next year, he has shown he can still score a little. But said offer is likely going to be for a lot less than McGrady hopes, and not in the most desirable location.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 5
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10