Apr 8, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Note to team owners: When he retires, you may not want to make Vince Carter your general manager.
Tracy McGrady’s comeback stint in New York has been so impressive that the lowly Knicks don’t want him back, but VC has talked to him about coming to Orlando. That’s what he told the Orlando Sentinel.
Vince Carter told the Sentinel after the Magic’s game on Wednesday night that he’s communicated with his shirttail cousin, Tracy McGrady, and that T-Mac wants another tour of duty with Orlando. “He’s already told me that,” Carter said. Carter said he hopes to hook up with McGrady before the New York Knicks play in Orlando on Friday night.
Let’s see: Championship contender, warm weather city, no state income taxes. I want to play for Orlando too. And my knees may hold up better.
Somebody is going to make McGrady an offer next year, he has shown he can still score a little. But said offer is likely going to be for a lot less than McGrady hopes, and not in the most desirable location.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 1
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 54
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3