Apr 8, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Note to team owners: When he retires, you may not want to make Vince Carter your general manager.
Tracy McGrady’s comeback stint in New York has been so impressive that the lowly Knicks don’t want him back, but VC has talked to him about coming to Orlando. That’s what he told the Orlando Sentinel.
Vince Carter told the Sentinel after the Magic’s game on Wednesday night that he’s communicated with his shirttail cousin, Tracy McGrady, and that T-Mac wants another tour of duty with Orlando. “He’s already told me that,” Carter said. Carter said he hopes to hook up with McGrady before the New York Knicks play in Orlando on Friday night.
Let’s see: Championship contender, warm weather city, no state income taxes. I want to play for Orlando too. And my knees may hold up better.
Somebody is going to make McGrady an offer next year, he has shown he can still score a little. But said offer is likely going to be for a lot less than McGrady hopes, and not in the most desirable location.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20