Apr 8, 2010, 11:08 PM EDT
You know if this were a playoff game Kobe Bryant would have played, because he is essentially the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Arm cut off? “Tis just a flesh wound.
But Phil Jackson sat him against the Denver Nuggets Thursday night. The Lakers are admitting that Kobe has had swelling in his right knee. That’s the one he wears a sleeve on and has tendonitis issues.
But things could not be that bad, he took part in the Lakers team scrimmage on Wednesday. He could sit out the Lakers game against Minnesota Friday night as well. One would expect him to suit up against potential first-round matchup Portland on Sunday.
The Lakers need just one win in their remaining five games to secure home court advantage throughout the Western Conference playoffs.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 20
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80