Apr 8, 2010, 11:08 PM EDT
You know if this were a playoff game Kobe Bryant would have played, because he is essentially the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Arm cut off? “Tis just a flesh wound.
But Phil Jackson sat him against the Denver Nuggets Thursday night. The Lakers are admitting that Kobe has had swelling in his right knee. That’s the one he wears a sleeve on and has tendonitis issues.
But things could not be that bad, he took part in the Lakers team scrimmage on Wednesday. He could sit out the Lakers game against Minnesota Friday night as well. One would expect him to suit up against potential first-round matchup Portland on Sunday.
The Lakers need just one win in their remaining five games to secure home court advantage throughout the Western Conference playoffs.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 4
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights