Apr 8, 2010, 11:08 PM EDT
You know if this were a playoff game Kobe Bryant would have played, because he is essentially the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Arm cut off? “Tis just a flesh wound.
But Phil Jackson sat him against the Denver Nuggets Thursday night. The Lakers are admitting that Kobe has had swelling in his right knee. That’s the one he wears a sleeve on and has tendonitis issues.
But things could not be that bad, he took part in the Lakers team scrimmage on Wednesday. He could sit out the Lakers game against Minnesota Friday night as well. One would expect him to suit up against potential first-round matchup Portland on Sunday.
The Lakers need just one win in their remaining five games to secure home court advantage throughout the Western Conference playoffs.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 58
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10