Apr 8, 2010, 11:08 PM EDT
You know if this were a playoff game Kobe Bryant would have played, because he is essentially the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Arm cut off? “Tis just a flesh wound.
But Phil Jackson sat him against the Denver Nuggets Thursday night. The Lakers are admitting that Kobe has had swelling in his right knee. That’s the one he wears a sleeve on and has tendonitis issues.
But things could not be that bad, he took part in the Lakers team scrimmage on Wednesday. He could sit out the Lakers game against Minnesota Friday night as well. One would expect him to suit up against potential first-round matchup Portland on Sunday.
The Lakers need just one win in their remaining five games to secure home court advantage throughout the Western Conference playoffs.
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 5
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25