Apr 8, 2010, 11:08 PM EST
You know if this were a playoff game Kobe Bryant would have played, because he is essentially the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Arm cut off? “Tis just a flesh wound.
But Phil Jackson sat him against the Denver Nuggets Thursday night. The Lakers are admitting that Kobe has had swelling in his right knee. That’s the one he wears a sleeve on and has tendonitis issues.
But things could not be that bad, he took part in the Lakers team scrimmage on Wednesday. He could sit out the Lakers game against Minnesota Friday night as well. One would expect him to suit up against potential first-round matchup Portland on Sunday.
The Lakers need just one win in their remaining five games to secure home court advantage throughout the Western Conference playoffs.
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 1
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 29
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 7
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (45)