Apr 8, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
Tom Ziller, writing for FanHouse, thinks that he is:
“So we’re left with this: Bosh is an elite scorer, one of the best of his generation at his position to this point, and Bosh is a really strong rebounder for his position, even compared with the best PFs of the era. He compares favorably to MVPs and first-ballot Hall-of-Famers in these two categories at this point … and these happen to be pretty danged important categories.
While the skeptics cajole about Bosh failing to deserve all the attention sure to be heaped upon him come July 1, know that he is worth the attention, and that assuming he stays on the upward path and isn’t struck down by injury, he’ll be well worth a max contract.”
With a mix of prose and cool scatterplots, Ziller takes a look at Bosh’s scoring and rebounding prowess compared to other elite big men at 25 years old. Bosh is a prodigious scorer and rebounder for his age, and at least one team will recognize that this summer. Bosh hasn’t yet won a playoff series with the Raptors, and likely won’t this season. That doesn’t mean he’s not capable of taking the right team deep into the playoffs in the future.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9