Apr 8, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
Tom Ziller, writing for FanHouse, thinks that he is:
“So we’re left with this: Bosh is an elite scorer, one of the best of his generation at his position to this point, and Bosh is a really strong rebounder for his position, even compared with the best PFs of the era. He compares favorably to MVPs and first-ballot Hall-of-Famers in these two categories at this point … and these happen to be pretty danged important categories.
While the skeptics cajole about Bosh failing to deserve all the attention sure to be heaped upon him come July 1, know that he is worth the attention, and that assuming he stays on the upward path and isn’t struck down by injury, he’ll be well worth a max contract.”
With a mix of prose and cool scatterplots, Ziller takes a look at Bosh’s scoring and rebounding prowess compared to other elite big men at 25 years old. Bosh is a prodigious scorer and rebounder for his age, and at least one team will recognize that this summer. Bosh hasn’t yet won a playoff series with the Raptors, and likely won’t this season. That doesn’t mean he’s not capable of taking the right team deep into the playoffs in the future.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6