Apr 8, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
Tom Ziller, writing for FanHouse, thinks that he is:
“So we’re left with this: Bosh is an elite scorer, one of the best of his generation at his position to this point, and Bosh is a really strong rebounder for his position, even compared with the best PFs of the era. He compares favorably to MVPs and first-ballot Hall-of-Famers in these two categories at this point … and these happen to be pretty danged important categories.
While the skeptics cajole about Bosh failing to deserve all the attention sure to be heaped upon him come July 1, know that he is worth the attention, and that assuming he stays on the upward path and isn’t struck down by injury, he’ll be well worth a max contract.”
With a mix of prose and cool scatterplots, Ziller takes a look at Bosh’s scoring and rebounding prowess compared to other elite big men at 25 years old. Bosh is a prodigious scorer and rebounder for his age, and at least one team will recognize that this summer. Bosh hasn’t yet won a playoff series with the Raptors, and likely won’t this season. That doesn’t mean he’s not capable of taking the right team deep into the playoffs in the future.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20