Apr 8, 2010, 1:24 PM EDT
Once the words “surgery” and “face” were put in the same sentence, it was pretty clear Chris Bosh was not going to be back for any more regular season games.
The question the Toronto Star and others are asking: Could he be back for the playoffs if the Raptors can hold on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the East without him? Magic 8 Ball says “ask again later.”
“Each fracture has its own personality and no one has a crystal ball unfortunately,” said Dr. Paul Marks, the Raptors’ medical director and team orthopedic surgeon said. “We know that we’re looking at time frames of at least the next seven to 10 days before we get things reassessed.
“And at that point we’ll have a better idea of which way things are going.”
“It’s not a fracture that would require screws or plates or anything like that,” Marks explained. “It’s just a small block of bone that’s been put back in the right position so that it maintains that structural integrity.”
Wondering whether Bosh will be back for the playoffs may be a moot point, but Sunday night’s game between the Raptors and Bulls will certainly have a big say in that. Winner gets to be stomped by the Cavaliers.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18