Apr 8, 2010, 1:24 PM EDT
Once the words “surgery” and “face” were put in the same sentence, it was pretty clear Chris Bosh was not going to be back for any more regular season games.
The question the Toronto Star and others are asking: Could he be back for the playoffs if the Raptors can hold on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the East without him? Magic 8 Ball says “ask again later.”
“Each fracture has its own personality and no one has a crystal ball unfortunately,” said Dr. Paul Marks, the Raptors’ medical director and team orthopedic surgeon said. “We know that we’re looking at time frames of at least the next seven to 10 days before we get things reassessed.
“And at that point we’ll have a better idea of which way things are going.”
“It’s not a fracture that would require screws or plates or anything like that,” Marks explained. “It’s just a small block of bone that’s been put back in the right position so that it maintains that structural integrity.”
Wondering whether Bosh will be back for the playoffs may be a moot point, but Sunday night’s game between the Raptors and Bulls will certainly have a big say in that. Winner gets to be stomped by the Cavaliers.
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 8
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 3
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 46
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 19
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25