Apr 8, 2010, 1:24 PM EDT
Once the words “surgery” and “face” were put in the same sentence, it was pretty clear Chris Bosh was not going to be back for any more regular season games.
The question the Toronto Star and others are asking: Could he be back for the playoffs if the Raptors can hold on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the East without him? Magic 8 Ball says “ask again later.”
“Each fracture has its own personality and no one has a crystal ball unfortunately,” said Dr. Paul Marks, the Raptors’ medical director and team orthopedic surgeon said. “We know that we’re looking at time frames of at least the next seven to 10 days before we get things reassessed.
“And at that point we’ll have a better idea of which way things are going.”
“It’s not a fracture that would require screws or plates or anything like that,” Marks explained. “It’s just a small block of bone that’s been put back in the right position so that it maintains that structural integrity.”
Wondering whether Bosh will be back for the playoffs may be a moot point, but Sunday night’s game between the Raptors and Bulls will certainly have a big say in that. Winner gets to be stomped by the Cavaliers.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4