Apr 8, 2010, 9:47 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum saw what happened to Chris Bosh. He saw what happened to Andrew Bogut. And he said to himself, “Why rush back?”
Bynum told the assembled media in Denver before the Lakers/Sixers game that he is targeting being back for the first game of the playoffs, likely April 18. The ultimate Lakers beat guy, Kevin Ding, has the report:
“I’m going to play in the first game of the playoffs,” he said.
Bynum has a strained Achilles tendon, but there is no tear (as two MRI’s have confirmed). The Lakers don’t need him for the regular season, where they basically have best record in the West wrapped up, but they will need him in the playoffs. Especially on defense.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85