Apr 8, 2010, 9:47 PM EST
Andrew Bynum saw what happened to Chris Bosh. He saw what happened to Andrew Bogut. And he said to himself, “Why rush back?”
Bynum told the assembled media in Denver before the Lakers/Sixers game that he is targeting being back for the first game of the playoffs, likely April 18. The ultimate Lakers beat guy, Kevin Ding, has the report:
“I’m going to play in the first game of the playoffs,” he said.
Bynum has a strained Achilles tendon, but there is no tear (as two MRI’s have confirmed). The Lakers don’t need him for the regular season, where they basically have best record in the West wrapped up, but they will need him in the playoffs. Especially on defense.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 4
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 10
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (37)