Apr 8, 2010, 9:47 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum saw what happened to Chris Bosh. He saw what happened to Andrew Bogut. And he said to himself, “Why rush back?”
Bynum told the assembled media in Denver before the Lakers/Sixers game that he is targeting being back for the first game of the playoffs, likely April 18. The ultimate Lakers beat guy, Kevin Ding, has the report:
“I’m going to play in the first game of the playoffs,” he said.
Bynum has a strained Achilles tendon, but there is no tear (as two MRI’s have confirmed). The Lakers don’t need him for the regular season, where they basically have best record in the West wrapped up, but they will need him in the playoffs. Especially on defense.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16