Apr 8, 2010, 9:47 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum saw what happened to Chris Bosh. He saw what happened to Andrew Bogut. And he said to himself, “Why rush back?”
Bynum told the assembled media in Denver before the Lakers/Sixers game that he is targeting being back for the first game of the playoffs, likely April 18. The ultimate Lakers beat guy, Kevin Ding, has the report:
“I’m going to play in the first game of the playoffs,” he said.
Bynum has a strained Achilles tendon, but there is no tear (as two MRI’s have confirmed). The Lakers don’t need him for the regular season, where they basically have best record in the West wrapped up, but they will need him in the playoffs. Especially on defense.
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 0
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 0
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 0
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 3
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 22