Apr 8, 2010, 9:47 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum saw what happened to Chris Bosh. He saw what happened to Andrew Bogut. And he said to himself, “Why rush back?”
Bynum told the assembled media in Denver before the Lakers/Sixers game that he is targeting being back for the first game of the playoffs, likely April 18. The ultimate Lakers beat guy, Kevin Ding, has the report:
“I’m going to play in the first game of the playoffs,” he said.
Bynum has a strained Achilles tendon, but there is no tear (as two MRI’s have confirmed). The Lakers don’t need him for the regular season, where they basically have best record in the West wrapped up, but they will need him in the playoffs. Especially on defense.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 9
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0