Apr 7, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Right now, the Denver Nuggets could use some team bonding experiences. This is a team that is .500 in their last 10 games, looks like they could get bounced in the first round and is just a shell of the team that others used to fear.
Tuesday the team took maybe the ultimate bonding experience — visiting coach George Karl, who has missed 14 games as he fights throat cancer. The Denver Post was there.
“It was uplifting to see him and talk to him,” guard Chauncey Billups said. “I told him I hope he hasn’t been watching too many of our games lately.”
Billups watched the NCAA national championship game with Karl on Monday night. And, yes, there was an exchange of ideas between the two in order to fix some of the Nuggets’ shortcomings.
One of Karl’s suggestions should have been to get Kenyon Martin healthy. While he has been out with a knee injury the Nuggets have lacked depth and toughness in the paint (not to mention missing some scoring). Getting him back — he just started practicing yesterday — would do more than any Xs and Os trick in the book.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 6
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm