Apr 7, 2010, 8:51 AM EDT
Kevin Durant was fouled. Final shot in overtime last night, Thunder down one, C.J Miles fouled Durant. No question.
It may have just been the balancing of the karmic scales.
Let’s take you back to last year, barely. New Year’s Eve, Jazz and Thunder locked in another close one. We’ll let Ross Siler of the Salt Lake Tribune walk you through the rest.
Back on New Year’s Eve, the Jazz lost to the Thunder thanks to a loose-ball foul called on Paul Millsap by rookie referee Kane Fitzgerald, which sent Nick Collison to the line for the winning free throws in the final seconds.
You don’t often see a game decided by one call but that was one. After what happened that night, the Jazz were owed a victory over the Thunder.
Siler makes one other point — Mr. No Call Tony Brothers (the closest ref to the foul on Durant) and Bennett Salvatore from this controversial game made up two-thirds of the crew that angered Phil Jackson enough Sunday he teed off on them afterward and earned himself a $35,000 fine.
I’d say referees can get in a slump, too, but with Salvatore is it really a slump?
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 0
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 14
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 0
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 5
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 16
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (90)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay