Apr 7, 2010, 3:54 PM EST
At a 4 p.m. (EDT) press conference today Ohio State’s Evan Turner will announce that he will declare for the NBA Draft.
He should also announce that pizza is delicious and Scarlett Johansson is good looking, because those equally shocking news.
Turner is likely to go second overall, although some say he should go ahead of John Wall at the top of the draft. Like you can go wrong. Turner ran the point for the Buckeyes this season and averaged 20.4 points, 9.2 rebounds and 6 assists. The man broke his back, missed just six games and returned to lead his team to a two seed. He has a Brandon Roy like game, which will make him attractive to whomever is picking first or second.
He’s in it, Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that Turner will sign with agent David Falk. Once you get an agent, there is no going back. But that’s a bigger problem for the guys not getting drafted, not Turner. He is going to get paid.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13