Apr 7, 2010, 3:54 PM EST
At a 4 p.m. (EDT) press conference today Ohio State’s Evan Turner will announce that he will declare for the NBA Draft.
He should also announce that pizza is delicious and Scarlett Johansson is good looking, because those equally shocking news.
Turner is likely to go second overall, although some say he should go ahead of John Wall at the top of the draft. Like you can go wrong. Turner ran the point for the Buckeyes this season and averaged 20.4 points, 9.2 rebounds and 6 assists. The man broke his back, missed just six games and returned to lead his team to a two seed. He has a Brandon Roy like game, which will make him attractive to whomever is picking first or second.
He’s in it, Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that Turner will sign with agent David Falk. Once you get an agent, there is no going back. But that’s a bigger problem for the guys not getting drafted, not Turner. He is going to get paid.
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 7
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 13
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)