Apr 7, 2010, 3:54 PM EDT
At a 4 p.m. (EDT) press conference today Ohio State’s Evan Turner will announce that he will declare for the NBA Draft.
He should also announce that pizza is delicious and Scarlett Johansson is good looking, because those equally shocking news.
Turner is likely to go second overall, although some say he should go ahead of John Wall at the top of the draft. Like you can go wrong. Turner ran the point for the Buckeyes this season and averaged 20.4 points, 9.2 rebounds and 6 assists. The man broke his back, missed just six games and returned to lead his team to a two seed. He has a Brandon Roy like game, which will make him attractive to whomever is picking first or second.
He’s in it, Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that Turner will sign with agent David Falk. Once you get an agent, there is no going back. But that’s a bigger problem for the guys not getting drafted, not Turner. He is going to get paid.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10