Apr 7, 2010, 3:54 PM EDT
At a 4 p.m. (EDT) press conference today Ohio State’s Evan Turner will announce that he will declare for the NBA Draft.
He should also announce that pizza is delicious and Scarlett Johansson is good looking, because those equally shocking news.
Turner is likely to go second overall, although some say he should go ahead of John Wall at the top of the draft. Like you can go wrong. Turner ran the point for the Buckeyes this season and averaged 20.4 points, 9.2 rebounds and 6 assists. The man broke his back, missed just six games and returned to lead his team to a two seed. He has a Brandon Roy like game, which will make him attractive to whomever is picking first or second.
He’s in it, Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that Turner will sign with agent David Falk. Once you get an agent, there is no going back. But that’s a bigger problem for the guys not getting drafted, not Turner. He is going to get paid.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2