Apr 7, 2010, 10:32 AM EDT
If Elton Brand and Eddie Jordan fight, is there a good guy we should be rooting for?
Do we pull for the overpaid player who is putting up pedestrian numbers this season? Or the coach on his way out the door after instituting and offensive system that has left a team with talent wallowing in the standings? Does it really even matter on this team?
Anyway, Brand played just four minutes in the second half of the Sixers ugly loss to the Pistons last night. Associated Press writer Dan Gelston tweeted Brand’s comments after the game.
“I think it may have been premeditated already. He knew he was going to sub and play other guys. It didn’t work. We lost by 20.
Jordan had his own words about his team’s effort.
“I would think because some of our guys didn’t play a lot tonight, they better show up tomorrow. Or I won’t be so nice at the press conference.”
Jordan called out Samuel Dalembert specifically. Dalembert showed how much they respect this coach
“Let him keep pointing. He’s the coach, he’s the boss. What am I going to say?”
It is time to hit the reset button in Philly and start over.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20