Apr 7, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
It has just not been Chris Paul’s year. He has played in a career low 45 games due to injury, the Hornets will miss the playoffs, and when Paul has been in he’s been good, but not quite CP3 good. The bar is set high for this man.
And now his season is over — the team has shut him down for the season due to a torn ligament in his finger, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. He can’t play basketball for seven weeks, so this could do away with him playing for Team USA in Turkey at the FIBA World Championships.
The silver lining — this means more Darren Collison. And he has been one of the pure joys of the season.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 5
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43