Apr 7, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
It has just not been Chris Paul’s year. He has played in a career low 45 games due to injury, the Hornets will miss the playoffs, and when Paul has been in he’s been good, but not quite CP3 good. The bar is set high for this man.
And now his season is over — the team has shut him down for the season due to a torn ligament in his finger, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. He can’t play basketball for seven weeks, so this could do away with him playing for Team USA in Turkey at the FIBA World Championships.
The silver lining — this means more Darren Collison. And he has been one of the pure joys of the season.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61