Apr 7, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
It has just not been Chris Paul’s year. He has played in a career low 45 games due to injury, the Hornets will miss the playoffs, and when Paul has been in he’s been good, but not quite CP3 good. The bar is set high for this man.
And now his season is over — the team has shut him down for the season due to a torn ligament in his finger, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. He can’t play basketball for seven weeks, so this could do away with him playing for Team USA in Turkey at the FIBA World Championships.
The silver lining — this means more Darren Collison. And he has been one of the pure joys of the season.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21