Apr 7, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Forget the playoff chase, it’s not likely Chris Bosh will be around for the playoffs.
Bosh stayed in Cleveland and had surgery to repair the displaced nasal fracture he suffered from an inadvertent elbow from Antawn Jamison last night. He will remain in the hospital Wednesday night.
Dr. Paul Marks, who performed the surgery, is scheduled speak to the media later today.
As of now there is no timetable has been given for Bosh’s return, but he certainly will not be around as the Raptors and Bulls fight for the eighth playoff spot in the East. If the Raptors can hold on, it’s unlikely Bosh would be ready to play in the first round of the playoffs. Against Cleveland.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 34
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4