Apr 7, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Forget the playoff chase, it’s not likely Chris Bosh will be around for the playoffs.
Bosh stayed in Cleveland and had surgery to repair the displaced nasal fracture he suffered from an inadvertent elbow from Antawn Jamison last night. He will remain in the hospital Wednesday night.
Dr. Paul Marks, who performed the surgery, is scheduled speak to the media later today.
As of now there is no timetable has been given for Bosh’s return, but he certainly will not be around as the Raptors and Bulls fight for the eighth playoff spot in the East. If the Raptors can hold on, it’s unlikely Bosh would be ready to play in the first round of the playoffs. Against Cleveland.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 5
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10