Apr 6, 2010, 10:24 AM EDT
Finally, something interesting happened with the Pistons. But we don’t know what.
Instead, we have a “twitter mystery” thanks to two player tweets yesterday. The first was Charlie Villanueva.
This has been a very fustrating year, it just only got worse 2day, I have never experienced, in my 5 years, what I have experience this year
When people started replying asking what was up, Villanueva shut the conversation down.
Let’s put it like this, I rather not say anything cause I don’t want to get fined
Then we had a couple tweets from rookie Austin Daye:
Sonthin happened to me today that won’t every happen again and I’m just venting right now but I’m twisted mad and and gunna b ready 4 r game
@Adaye5 every1 I’m twisted (mad) right now but when I’m in LA imma work myself to death to try and get myself right for next year
Nobody is talking. Yet. Villanueva later said he was over it and Daye joked around with reporters and said nothing. But the media loves uncovering a mystery, even if there isn’t that much to uncover.
Is this frustrations boiling over for a Pistons team that had a recent history of success but are sucking this season? Did it dawn on the players that this team is going to suck for a few years to come after last off-season’s moves? Did J.R. Smith’s driver fill Villanueva’s car with popcorn?
Inquiring minds want to know.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 0
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 39
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55