Apr 6, 2010, 10:24 AM EDT
Finally, something interesting happened with the Pistons. But we don’t know what.
Instead, we have a “twitter mystery” thanks to two player tweets yesterday. The first was Charlie Villanueva.
This has been a very fustrating year, it just only got worse 2day, I have never experienced, in my 5 years, what I have experience this year
When people started replying asking what was up, Villanueva shut the conversation down.
Let’s put it like this, I rather not say anything cause I don’t want to get fined
Then we had a couple tweets from rookie Austin Daye:
Sonthin happened to me today that won’t every happen again and I’m just venting right now but I’m twisted mad and and gunna b ready 4 r game
@Adaye5 every1 I’m twisted (mad) right now but when I’m in LA imma work myself to death to try and get myself right for next year
Nobody is talking. Yet. Villanueva later said he was over it and Daye joked around with reporters and said nothing. But the media loves uncovering a mystery, even if there isn’t that much to uncover.
Is this frustrations boiling over for a Pistons team that had a recent history of success but are sucking this season? Did it dawn on the players that this team is going to suck for a few years to come after last off-season’s moves? Did J.R. Smith’s driver fill Villanueva’s car with popcorn?
Inquiring minds want to know.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 20
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 17
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead