Apr 6, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Yesterday, Gregg Popovich didn’t have an idea who would play the point for the Spurs tonight. Suddenly, they found someone. Someone really, really, really good.
Tony Parker has been cleared to play and will suit up tonight for the Spurs when they take on the Kings, according to a release from the Spurs themselves. So we can probably trust it.
Parker has been out 16 games with a broken hand. Sixteen games in which time the Spurs have played some of their best ball because Manu Ginobili has taken the weight of the franchise on his shoulders. But come the playoffs, they need to spread the scoring around a little, and having the quick Parker and his little floater in the lane back will be a big help.
George Hill is out with a sprained ankle and will not be able to back up Parker. Who should is Ginobili, and San Antonio needs to keep using the Argentine on that high pick and roll where he destroyed the Lakers Sunday.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23