Apr 6, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Yesterday, Gregg Popovich didn’t have an idea who would play the point for the Spurs tonight. Suddenly, they found someone. Someone really, really, really good.
Tony Parker has been cleared to play and will suit up tonight for the Spurs when they take on the Kings, according to a release from the Spurs themselves. So we can probably trust it.
Parker has been out 16 games with a broken hand. Sixteen games in which time the Spurs have played some of their best ball because Manu Ginobili has taken the weight of the franchise on his shoulders. But come the playoffs, they need to spread the scoring around a little, and having the quick Parker and his little floater in the lane back will be a big help.
George Hill is out with a sprained ankle and will not be able to back up Parker. Who should is Ginobili, and San Antonio needs to keep using the Argentine on that high pick and roll where he destroyed the Lakers Sunday.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'