Apr 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Alexander Johnson was flat out beasting in the D-League — 23 points per game while shooting 57 percent and adding 11 rebounds while playing in Sioux Falls. That will get you noticed.
The Rockets need some depth along the front line, so they are going to give him a look through the end of the season, according to TrueHoop. Johnson is also getting a non-guaranteed contract for next year, which at least is a foot in the door.
He looks NBA ready according to those that have seen him. And he has been in the NBA for a couple seasons, he knows the drill. Although, if he wants to stick this time he’ll have to cut down on the turnovers.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 0
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 18
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 46
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3