Apr 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Alexander Johnson was flat out beasting in the D-League — 23 points per game while shooting 57 percent and adding 11 rebounds while playing in Sioux Falls. That will get you noticed.
The Rockets need some depth along the front line, so they are going to give him a look through the end of the season, according to TrueHoop. Johnson is also getting a non-guaranteed contract for next year, which at least is a foot in the door.
He looks NBA ready according to those that have seen him. And he has been in the NBA for a couple seasons, he knows the drill. Although, if he wants to stick this time he’ll have to cut down on the turnovers.
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 2
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 14
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 16
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 19