Apr 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Alexander Johnson was flat out beasting in the D-League — 23 points per game while shooting 57 percent and adding 11 rebounds while playing in Sioux Falls. That will get you noticed.
The Rockets need some depth along the front line, so they are going to give him a look through the end of the season, according to TrueHoop. Johnson is also getting a non-guaranteed contract for next year, which at least is a foot in the door.
He looks NBA ready according to those that have seen him. And he has been in the NBA for a couple seasons, he knows the drill. Although, if he wants to stick this time he’ll have to cut down on the turnovers.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18