Apr 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EST
Alexander Johnson was flat out beasting in the D-League — 23 points per game while shooting 57 percent and adding 11 rebounds while playing in Sioux Falls. That will get you noticed.
The Rockets need some depth along the front line, so they are going to give him a look through the end of the season, according to TrueHoop. Johnson is also getting a non-guaranteed contract for next year, which at least is a foot in the door.
He looks NBA ready according to those that have seen him. And he has been in the NBA for a couple seasons, he knows the drill. Although, if he wants to stick this time he’ll have to cut down on the turnovers.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1