Apr 6, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
Did Kazaam teach us nothing?
Apparently not, because LeBron James is attached (to use the industry lingo) to a Malcolm D. Lee (“Undercover Brother,” “Soul Men”) comedy called “Fantasy Basketball Camp.” The Hollywood Reporter has the details (hat tip to Ben Maller).
Originally written by Babaloo Mandel and Lowell Ganz, the story centers on five men who come to Las Vegas to live out their fantasy by attending the LeBron James Adult Basketball Camp only to end up dragging James into their various life issues.
Yes, his name is Babaloo. Let that soak in for a minute. He’s been writing since he worked on Happy Days. Seriously. I can’t make this up.
The script for the LeBron vehicle is currently undergoing a rewrite. Which means one of two things in Hollywood: 1) It had depth and nuance that some kid three years out of USC film school thinks could damage the opening weekend box office so he wants it to be dumbed down and to have more scenes with tits; 2) It actually sucked. You be the judge on this one. Peter Steinfeld, who gave us “21,” is doing the rewrite.
With the long history of NBA players making great movies, this should be a can’t miss.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay