Apr 6, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
On Monday night, the NCAA Tournament ended. On Tuesday morning, Hoopsworld reminded us how much more complicated life can get for college players once they’ve finished their amateur careers and test the NBA draft waters.
“Beyond the top three prospects this year – John Wall, Derrick Favors and Evan Turner – the next ten players could go in any combination of orders, and while “a runnner” may say “Dude you’re a lock for the top 19″ there is no truth or substance to those claims.That doesn’t stop players from making a bad decision on an empty promise. Have you ever asked yourself, what is this kid thinking?He likely has a person in his life telling him a team is committed to him that isn’t.”
The NCAA tournament and the NBA draft are two of the best basketball events of the year. Unfortunately, the process that gets players from the tournament to the draft isn’t always as smooth or above-board as it should be.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32