Apr 6, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
On Monday night, the NCAA Tournament ended. On Tuesday morning, Hoopsworld reminded us how much more complicated life can get for college players once they’ve finished their amateur careers and test the NBA draft waters.
“Beyond the top three prospects this year – John Wall, Derrick Favors and Evan Turner – the next ten players could go in any combination of orders, and while “a runnner” may say “Dude you’re a lock for the top 19″ there is no truth or substance to those claims.That doesn’t stop players from making a bad decision on an empty promise. Have you ever asked yourself, what is this kid thinking?He likely has a person in his life telling him a team is committed to him that isn’t.”
The NCAA tournament and the NBA draft are two of the best basketball events of the year. Unfortunately, the process that gets players from the tournament to the draft isn’t always as smooth or above-board as it should be.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43