Apr 6, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
On Monday night, the NCAA Tournament ended. On Tuesday morning, Hoopsworld reminded us how much more complicated life can get for college players once they’ve finished their amateur careers and test the NBA draft waters.
“Beyond the top three prospects this year – John Wall, Derrick Favors and Evan Turner – the next ten players could go in any combination of orders, and while “a runnner” may say “Dude you’re a lock for the top 19″ there is no truth or substance to those claims.That doesn’t stop players from making a bad decision on an empty promise. Have you ever asked yourself, what is this kid thinking?He likely has a person in his life telling him a team is committed to him that isn’t.”
The NCAA tournament and the NBA draft are two of the best basketball events of the year. Unfortunately, the process that gets players from the tournament to the draft isn’t always as smooth or above-board as it should be.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16