Apr 6, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
On Monday night, the NCAA Tournament ended. On Tuesday morning, Hoopsworld reminded us how much more complicated life can get for college players once they’ve finished their amateur careers and test the NBA draft waters.
“Beyond the top three prospects this year – John Wall, Derrick Favors and Evan Turner – the next ten players could go in any combination of orders, and while “a runnner” may say “Dude you’re a lock for the top 19″ there is no truth or substance to those claims.That doesn’t stop players from making a bad decision on an empty promise. Have you ever asked yourself, what is this kid thinking?He likely has a person in his life telling him a team is committed to him that isn’t.”
The NCAA tournament and the NBA draft are two of the best basketball events of the year. Unfortunately, the process that gets players from the tournament to the draft isn’t always as smooth or above-board as it should be.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23