Apr 6, 2010, 2:32 PM EST
On Monday night, the NCAA Tournament ended. On Tuesday morning, Hoopsworld reminded us how much more complicated life can get for college players once they’ve finished their amateur careers and test the NBA draft waters.
“Beyond the top three prospects this year – John Wall, Derrick Favors and Evan Turner – the next ten players could go in any combination of orders, and while “a runnner” may say “Dude you’re a lock for the top 19″ there is no truth or substance to those claims.That doesn’t stop players from making a bad decision on an empty promise. Have you ever asked yourself, what is this kid thinking?He likely has a person in his life telling him a team is committed to him that isn’t.”
The NCAA tournament and the NBA draft are two of the best basketball events of the year. Unfortunately, the process that gets players from the tournament to the draft isn’t always as smooth or above-board as it should be.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10