Apr 6, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
Second year man George Hill — out of that little college with like the 18-letter acronym — had been looking like a vet running the point for the Spurs while Tony Parker
lounges around with Eva Longoria does his physical therapy on his broken hand.
Then Hill went down with a sprained ankle against the Lakers, he could be out the rest of the regular season. Suddenly point guard for the Spurs feels as dangerous a job as center for the Blazers.
With a few games left and the Spurs fighting for playoff seeding (and trying to avoid the Lakers in the first round, although maybe they shouldn’t) the Spurs are out of point guards, Gregg Popovich tells the San Antonio Express-News.
That leaves the Spurs devoid of a true point guard, now and for the immediate future. It is a disheartening turn of events for a team that has won 15 of its past 20 games and appeared to be jelling just in time for the playoffs.
Popovich says he is “real worried about everything coming up without Georgie.
I don’t know why he’s worried, it just means more shots for Manu Ginobili. And right how that is the most dangerous weapon in basketball. Just ask the Lakers.
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 0
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 6
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'