Apr 6, 2010, 11:54 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:54PM: Matt Devlin reports on behalf of the Raptors that Bosh has a broken face. No, seriously, he has a fracture on his face. He’s out indefinitely. This is a terrible development for Bosh and the Raptors, and if he misses significant time, it could spell the end of any dim hopes for playoff success. Plus, you know, he broke his face.
8:32 pm: Just two minutes into Toronto’s game with Cleveland (a potential first round matchup), Chris Bosh took an inadvertent elbow to the right side of his face from Antawn Jamison, one that dropped Bosh to the ground.
Bosh was bleeding from the mouth and nose. He has left the game and has been taken to the Cleveland Clinic for further tests. He will not return to this one.
Toronto is in a fight for the eighth and final playoff spot in the west with Chicago. The two teams face each other Sunday.
Updates to follow as we get them.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 19
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7