Apr 6, 2010, 11:54 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:54PM: Matt Devlin reports on behalf of the Raptors that Bosh has a broken face. No, seriously, he has a fracture on his face. He’s out indefinitely. This is a terrible development for Bosh and the Raptors, and if he misses significant time, it could spell the end of any dim hopes for playoff success. Plus, you know, he broke his face.
8:32 pm: Just two minutes into Toronto’s game with Cleveland (a potential first round matchup), Chris Bosh took an inadvertent elbow to the right side of his face from Antawn Jamison, one that dropped Bosh to the ground.
Bosh was bleeding from the mouth and nose. He has left the game and has been taken to the Cleveland Clinic for further tests. He will not return to this one.
Toronto is in a fight for the eighth and final playoff spot in the west with Chicago. The two teams face each other Sunday.
Updates to follow as we get them.
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 0
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1