Apr 6, 2010, 11:54 PM EST
UPDATE 11:54PM: Matt Devlin reports on behalf of the Raptors that Bosh has a broken face. No, seriously, he has a fracture on his face. He’s out indefinitely. This is a terrible development for Bosh and the Raptors, and if he misses significant time, it could spell the end of any dim hopes for playoff success. Plus, you know, he broke his face.
8:32 pm: Just two minutes into Toronto’s game with Cleveland (a potential first round matchup), Chris Bosh took an inadvertent elbow to the right side of his face from Antawn Jamison, one that dropped Bosh to the ground.
Bosh was bleeding from the mouth and nose. He has left the game and has been taken to the Cleveland Clinic for further tests. He will not return to this one.
Toronto is in a fight for the eighth and final playoff spot in the west with Chicago. The two teams face each other Sunday.
Updates to follow as we get them.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10