Apr 6, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
So many teams have amassed cap space for the 2010 free agent frenzy, but not everyone can end up with LeBron James. Some team will end up with Josh Howard and Channing Frye instead. I mean, that cap space wasn’t going to spend itself, am I right?
For all the fans out there that know in their heart of hearts that LeBron won’t be walking through that door, I offer Tom Ziller’s incredible list of the top 50 free agents available this summer. Maybe James isn’t the answer, but how about a combination of Manu Ginobili and Brendan Haywood? David Lee and Paul Pierce? Joe Johnson and Marcus Camby? The possibilities are endless with this free agent class.
Plus, if a team like the Knicks does pull of the summer of a lifetime and manages to sign two max free agents, a list like this would come in handy for filling out the rest of the roster. Guys like Carlos Arroyo or Brad Miller could be had on the cheap, and with so much cap space committed to two star players, such a team would need to fill out the rotation and the roster with low-salary guys who can still produce.
What I mean to say is that although LeBron, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh are still pretty important, the guys that really move earth and cause some tremors this summer will be big-leaguers like Brad Miller.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 4
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40