Apr 6, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
So many teams have amassed cap space for the 2010 free agent frenzy, but not everyone can end up with LeBron James. Some team will end up with Josh Howard and Channing Frye instead. I mean, that cap space wasn’t going to spend itself, am I right?
For all the fans out there that know in their heart of hearts that LeBron won’t be walking through that door, I offer Tom Ziller’s incredible list of the top 50 free agents available this summer. Maybe James isn’t the answer, but how about a combination of Manu Ginobili and Brendan Haywood? David Lee and Paul Pierce? Joe Johnson and Marcus Camby? The possibilities are endless with this free agent class.
Plus, if a team like the Knicks does pull of the summer of a lifetime and manages to sign two max free agents, a list like this would come in handy for filling out the rest of the roster. Guys like Carlos Arroyo or Brad Miller could be had on the cheap, and with so much cap space committed to two star players, such a team would need to fill out the rotation and the roster with low-salary guys who can still produce.
What I mean to say is that although LeBron, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh are still pretty important, the guys that really move earth and cause some tremors this summer will be big-leaguers like Brad Miller.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23