Apr 5, 2010, 10:26 AM EDT
You know it. I know it. Cart hot dog venders know it. Taxi drivers know it. Everybody in New York knows it, even if not everyone can admit it.
So in steps Tracy McGrady to tell us what we already know — LeBron James is not coming to New York. Newsday’s amazing Alan Hahn had the quote.
“To me, in my honest opinion, I don’t see it happening,” McGrady said of James bolting Cleveland for New York. “I really don’t.”
We don’t really need to go into the details of why again, do we? That LeBron’s global status (not to mention his American credibility) is built more on winning than being in a major market. It’s about him being at the top of the sport, getting rings. And he can do that better with the roster assembled in Cleveland. The Knicks would be a bit of a reclamation project.
While LeBron loves New York, doesn’t mean he is going to play there.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16