Apr 5, 2010, 8:29 PM EDT
Despite any lingering, salty anger from “The Popcorn Incident,” Kenyon Martin wants to get back on the court for his team. He knows the equation: With a close to 100 percent Martin the Nuggets are contenders in the West.
Without him… they are an unpopped kernel at the bottom of the bag.
So he is going to try to practice Tuesday. Even if he may not be ready, according to Associated Press:
Acting head coach Adrian Dantley said he wasn’t sure what Martin would be able to do at practice Tuesday or even if he’ll be able to withstand the pain enough to participate in drills.
Martin had platelet-rich plasma injection therapy last month, choosing the procedure also known as “blood spinning” over season-ending surgery in hopes he’ll be back in time for the playoffs.
The playoffs start in two weeks. With the Nuggets slide since he has been out (March 3), they will likely start the playoffs on the road. Martin could be needed just to get out of round one.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 0
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 3
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 22
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54