Apr 5, 2010, 8:29 PM EDT
Despite any lingering, salty anger from “The Popcorn Incident,” Kenyon Martin wants to get back on the court for his team. He knows the equation: With a close to 100 percent Martin the Nuggets are contenders in the West.
Without him… they are an unpopped kernel at the bottom of the bag.
So he is going to try to practice Tuesday. Even if he may not be ready, according to Associated Press:
Acting head coach Adrian Dantley said he wasn’t sure what Martin would be able to do at practice Tuesday or even if he’ll be able to withstand the pain enough to participate in drills.
Martin had platelet-rich plasma injection therapy last month, choosing the procedure also known as “blood spinning” over season-ending surgery in hopes he’ll be back in time for the playoffs.
The playoffs start in two weeks. With the Nuggets slide since he has been out (March 3), they will likely start the playoffs on the road. Martin could be needed just to get out of round one.
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 3
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games