Apr 5, 2010, 8:29 PM EDT
Despite any lingering, salty anger from “The Popcorn Incident,” Kenyon Martin wants to get back on the court for his team. He knows the equation: With a close to 100 percent Martin the Nuggets are contenders in the West.
Without him… they are an unpopped kernel at the bottom of the bag.
So he is going to try to practice Tuesday. Even if he may not be ready, according to Associated Press:
Acting head coach Adrian Dantley said he wasn’t sure what Martin would be able to do at practice Tuesday or even if he’ll be able to withstand the pain enough to participate in drills.
Martin had platelet-rich plasma injection therapy last month, choosing the procedure also known as “blood spinning” over season-ending surgery in hopes he’ll be back in time for the playoffs.
The playoffs start in two weeks. With the Nuggets slide since he has been out (March 3), they will likely start the playoffs on the road. Martin could be needed just to get out of round one.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 0
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 9
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 18
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final