Apr 5, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
It’s not what most legal experts expected, but Gilbert Arenas will have to spend two days in jail before serving the remainder of his 30-day sentence in a halfway house.
Associated Press has what few details there are:
Arthur Wallenstein (head of corrections for Montgomery County, Md.) says people assigned to the halfway house as part of their probation must first report to the county jail for medical screening and classification. In addition, Wallenstein says the department wants them “to see a jail and understand what they have avoided.”
We don’t know when Arenas’ 30 days begin, for security reasons this has not been released.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 10
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24