Apr 5, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
It’s not what most legal experts expected, but Gilbert Arenas will have to spend two days in jail before serving the remainder of his 30-day sentence in a halfway house.
Associated Press has what few details there are:
Arthur Wallenstein (head of corrections for Montgomery County, Md.) says people assigned to the halfway house as part of their probation must first report to the county jail for medical screening and classification. In addition, Wallenstein says the department wants them “to see a jail and understand what they have avoided.”
We don’t know when Arenas’ 30 days begin, for security reasons this has not been released.
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 0
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 10
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 22
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 4