Apr 5, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
It’s not what most legal experts expected, but Gilbert Arenas will have to spend two days in jail before serving the remainder of his 30-day sentence in a halfway house.
Associated Press has what few details there are:
Arthur Wallenstein (head of corrections for Montgomery County, Md.) says people assigned to the halfway house as part of their probation must first report to the county jail for medical screening and classification. In addition, Wallenstein says the department wants them “to see a jail and understand what they have avoided.”
We don’t know when Arenas’ 30 days begin, for security reasons this has not been released.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17