Apr 5, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
It’s not what most legal experts expected, but Gilbert Arenas will have to spend two days in jail before serving the remainder of his 30-day sentence in a halfway house.
Associated Press has what few details there are:
Arthur Wallenstein (head of corrections for Montgomery County, Md.) says people assigned to the halfway house as part of their probation must first report to the county jail for medical screening and classification. In addition, Wallenstein says the department wants them “to see a jail and understand what they have avoided.”
We don’t know when Arenas’ 30 days begin, for security reasons this has not been released.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21