Apr 5, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
It’s not what most legal experts expected, but Gilbert Arenas will have to spend two days in jail before serving the remainder of his 30-day sentence in a halfway house.
Associated Press has what few details there are:
Arthur Wallenstein (head of corrections for Montgomery County, Md.) says people assigned to the halfway house as part of their probation must first report to the county jail for medical screening and classification. In addition, Wallenstein says the department wants them “to see a jail and understand what they have avoided.”
We don’t know when Arenas’ 30 days begin, for security reasons this has not been released.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 19
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 29
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 37
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 32