Apr 4, 2010, 5:14 AM EDT
Last night definitely qualifies as a weird night in the NBA. Milwaukee’s momentum came to a grinding halt with a potentially season-ending injury to Andrew Bogut, despite the fact that the Bucks bested the streaking Suns 107-98. The New Jersey Nets won a game by 28 points.
It’s already a bit weird that the Miami Heat have won eight straight games, but everything got a bit stranger when their plane was forced to make an emergency landing. From the Associated Press:
A plane carrying Miami Heat basketball players made an emergency landing early Sunday in Chicago
after a mechanic on board became ill, team spokesman Tim Donovan said.
plane safely landed early Sunday at O’Hare International Airport after
the man went into a diabetic coma. The teams’ trainers treated the man
while the plane was in the air and he was taken to a local hospital
after the landing.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 0
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 6
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33