Apr 4, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When the playoffs come, we want guys to man up and play injured. This is not time for being soft. We almost never give away a free pass.
George Karl gets one of those passes. He can be out as long as he wants, no questions asked.
Karl is going to miss at least the first round of the playoffs, The Denver Post is reporting.
(Karl’s life partner Kim) Van Deraa said Saturday that Karl won’t return to coach in the regular season, which ends April 13, and “probably not” the first round of the playoffs.
“To count out all the playoffs, that’s up to his body,” she said. “Who knows when his return will be? No one knows. He doesn’t even know. I’m sure he’s hoping that if we go on a playoff run, that he can (coach) this season.”
His last chemotherapy session is schedule for this Wednesday.
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 0
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 32
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?