Apr 4, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When the playoffs come, we want guys to man up and play injured. This is not time for being soft. We almost never give away a free pass.
George Karl gets one of those passes. He can be out as long as he wants, no questions asked.
Karl is going to miss at least the first round of the playoffs, The Denver Post is reporting.
(Karl’s life partner Kim) Van Deraa said Saturday that Karl won’t return to coach in the regular season, which ends April 13, and “probably not” the first round of the playoffs.
“To count out all the playoffs, that’s up to his body,” she said. “Who knows when his return will be? No one knows. He doesn’t even know. I’m sure he’s hoping that if we go on a playoff run, that he can (coach) this season.”
His last chemotherapy session is schedule for this Wednesday.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7