Apr 4, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When the playoffs come, we want guys to man up and play injured. This is not time for being soft. We almost never give away a free pass.
George Karl gets one of those passes. He can be out as long as he wants, no questions asked.
Karl is going to miss at least the first round of the playoffs, The Denver Post is reporting.
(Karl’s life partner Kim) Van Deraa said Saturday that Karl won’t return to coach in the regular season, which ends April 13, and “probably not” the first round of the playoffs.
“To count out all the playoffs, that’s up to his body,” she said. “Who knows when his return will be? No one knows. He doesn’t even know. I’m sure he’s hoping that if we go on a playoff run, that he can (coach) this season.”
His last chemotherapy session is schedule for this Wednesday.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 38
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5