Apr 4, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When the playoffs come, we want guys to man up and play injured. This is not time for being soft. We almost never give away a free pass.
George Karl gets one of those passes. He can be out as long as he wants, no questions asked.
Karl is going to miss at least the first round of the playoffs, The Denver Post is reporting.
(Karl’s life partner Kim) Van Deraa said Saturday that Karl won’t return to coach in the regular season, which ends April 13, and “probably not” the first round of the playoffs.
“To count out all the playoffs, that’s up to his body,” she said. “Who knows when his return will be? No one knows. He doesn’t even know. I’m sure he’s hoping that if we go on a playoff run, that he can (coach) this season.”
His last chemotherapy session is schedule for this Wednesday.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32