Apr 4, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When the playoffs come, we want guys to man up and play injured. This is not time for being soft. We almost never give away a free pass.
George Karl gets one of those passes. He can be out as long as he wants, no questions asked.
Karl is going to miss at least the first round of the playoffs, The Denver Post is reporting.
(Karl’s life partner Kim) Van Deraa said Saturday that Karl won’t return to coach in the regular season, which ends April 13, and “probably not” the first round of the playoffs.
“To count out all the playoffs, that’s up to his body,” she said. “Who knows when his return will be? No one knows. He doesn’t even know. I’m sure he’s hoping that if we go on a playoff run, that he can (coach) this season.”
His last chemotherapy session is schedule for this Wednesday.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2