Apr 3, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
The former Memphis Tiger spent a year and a half in the D-League developing in the Rockets’ system, improving considerably, before being called up and then dished to Sacramento in the Kevin Martin deal. He has a great frame and is a tenacious rebounder, both qualities Toronto covets and needs, even though Dorsey is unlikely to see much, if any, time.
The Raptors have the worst defense among playoff teams and are within range of the worst defense in playoff history (by advanced metrics).So they could use a guy like Dorsey, if he gets time. He and Amir Johnson could be a devastating one-two brutal punch, and an interesting counter to Andrea Bargnani’s “soft” play.
The Rockets were apparently also interested in Dorsey, but he elected to sign with Toronto, probably because the Rockets would want to bring him along slowly, and Dorsey feels he’s ready now.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6