Apr 3, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
The former Memphis Tiger spent a year and a half in the D-League developing in the Rockets’ system, improving considerably, before being called up and then dished to Sacramento in the Kevin Martin deal. He has a great frame and is a tenacious rebounder, both qualities Toronto covets and needs, even though Dorsey is unlikely to see much, if any, time.
The Raptors have the worst defense among playoff teams and are within range of the worst defense in playoff history (by advanced metrics).So they could use a guy like Dorsey, if he gets time. He and Amir Johnson could be a devastating one-two brutal punch, and an interesting counter to Andrea Bargnani’s “soft” play.
The Rockets were apparently also interested in Dorsey, but he elected to sign with Toronto, probably because the Rockets would want to bring him along slowly, and Dorsey feels he’s ready now.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 1
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 8
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 32
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31